• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root how to wifi tether on cm10

Thanks, I tried the app and it works for maybe a minute then on the app the DL speed goes to 0kpbs and it stops working. I have full 3G connection and I'm connecting with an iPhone (unactivated so I need the WiFi) and it always stops working after 1 minute! Does anyone know why? Any help would be really apriciated
Thank you

Upvote 0
Thanks, I tried the app and it works for maybe a minute then on the app the DL speed goes to 0kpbs and it stops working. I have full 3G connection and I'm connecting with an iPhone (unactivated so I need the WiFi) and it always stops working after 1 minute! Does anyone know why? Any help would be really apriciated
Thank you

Have you tried activating keepalive?
Activate it in settings and if it still doesn't work, I'm not sure what's going on.

Upvote 0
I recently bought a Nexus 7 and I would like to tether it to my Optimus Elite, but it will not detect my wifi hotspot using WiFi tether for root users. My old Optimus V with CM7 connects fine, as does a Windows 7 PC.

Any suggestions on how to share my 3G data connection with my Nexus 7? I suspect that native Android cannot detect adhoc networks and was hoping that the built-in tethering option in CM10 would work, as it did with the Optimus V, but could not configure it to work. Does anyone know if infrastructure tethering is supported on the Optimus Elite, or is this a hardware limitation?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones