1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to work around upgrade problem?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bixler777, May 14, 2011.

1. bixler777

bixler777 Well-Known Member

I can upgrade my current phone (Eris) to an Inc2 at this point (15 months into a 2 year deal) if i go through Verizon....BUT....when i try to do so via Costco, or Amazon, I'm stiffled, as they tell me i have to wait until October (at which point all 4 of the phones on our family plan can 'upgrade'). I can get the phone now through Verizon @ $149, but HOW to get around the Costco/Amazon problem now without having to wait till October (and thus for the $79 price), as they only 'recognize' my upgrade date as October?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. bik2101

bik2101 Well-Known Member

i've read about some verizon stores price matching? not too sure exactly how that would work but i believe a few people here brought amazon's pricing to veizon and were able to get them to price match

3. dco717

dco717 Member

Add a line to ur account and put the incredible 2 on the eris # and put a featured phone(old phone) on the new line and its only 10 dollars a month extra to have the featured phone, and when the Eris # ends in 9 months I can just end the that # and put the incredible 2 on the new # sounds difficult but its really easy

4. bik2101

how about early termination fees? i'm pretty sure verizon has them even on the feautre phones.

5. bik2101

and actually you would end up incurring double the ETF - one from amazon and one from verizon.

6. bixler777

i tried that at 2 of my local stores, but no go. i'll try again at other locations though, as we have many of them around here.

thanks.

7. bixler777

yes, i can do that.....but, after nine months, i would have paid $90 for nuttin, whereas i'm just trying to make up the difference between the $149 and $79 at this point and thus would be better off (by $20) just paying the $149 now.

8. bixler777

that would cost me MUCH more than the $70 bucks i'm trying to save by being able to buy at $79 (costco/amazon, et al) instead of $149 at Verizon.

9. Medion

Medion Android Expert

Amazon's upgrade price is $149 ($79 is for new customers). Not sure on Costco.

HTC Droid Incredible 2 Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible 2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1450mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews