1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to you customize your ringtone on a Nexus 5 without plugging it into a PC?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SilentLambINTJ, Sep 22, 2014.

1. SilentLambINTJ

I have been struggling with this for over an hour now. I want to make this song my ringtone instead of the ringtones which already come with the phone.

If anybody on here could please provide me with detailed instructions on how I could do this, I'd be eternally grateful.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post. A response would be tremendously appreciated!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jj14x

jj14x Android Expert

You have to somehow get the music files over to your computer. If you can't use a computer, use cloud storage (dropbox/box/copy/onedrive etc). Use a file manager (I use ES File Explorer, but any would work) to copy the music file over to your "Ringtones" folder (it should be under "Media" folder - create it if it is missing).

Rxpert83 likes this.
  3. Yesevil

Yesevil Android Enthusiast

If you download poweramp as your music player, there is an option in the settings to use the current playing song as your ringtone

4. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

SilentLambINTJ and xdrc45 like this.
  5. xdrc45

xdrc45 Android Enthusiast

I agree with Brian... Just search for "Ringtone Maker" in the playstore and it will generate a ton of apps that allow you to cut/trim custom songs in any area throught out the song for a starting and ending point. This is nice if you want a specific line or chorus to set as your ring tone. Some are more user friendly and also allow you to listen to a longer ringtone playback... Like 40 - 50 seconds instead of 20 -25 seconds.
    Whorth looking through the available apps in then play store and choosing one that suits your needs.

I used one for a while and it worked perfectly. I'll see if I can remember and post which Ring Tone maker app it was that I was using... It had a simple UI and was very easy to use and I think you'd like it.

Hope this helps and Good Luck! :thumbup:
    If I can remember the name of that app I'll post it here for you!

6. SilentLambINTJ

Thank you so much. I finally figured out how to do it lol

7. Doan Bao

Doan Bao Lurker

yeah! i have a same problem, too
    thanks pro

8. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member

Hey OP, can you post back and maybe give a brief explanation of how you managed to get the ringtone set up???

Nexus 5 Forum

The Nexus 5 release date was November 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.95" screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon 800 processor, 2300mAh battery, and 2GB storage.

November 2013
Release Date
Reviews