1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General how to....???

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by liquidmonkey, Oct 9, 2013.

1. liquidmonkey

liquidmonkey Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 18, 2010
    loving my LG G2 but,

i have managed to transfer all my apps over from my older SammyGS2 via the google play store BUT none of the actual saved app information followed.

what is the best way to transfer all my apps AND the app data to my LG G2?
    for instance, saved workouts in the JetFitness app did not follow nor did any saved game information follow :(

any ideas?

thanks in advance :)

Advertisement

2. nitramus

nitramus Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 17, 2011
    mailman
    gatineau canada
    The best way I know of and probably the only way is to root both your devices.
    Go to the proper pages in the forum for both phones and follow the steps on how to root.
    Then install a app like Titanium backup and do a backup. It will also tell you if root is acquired.
    Copy the folder where the backups are to your new phone and just restore using titanium backup.

3. rich_r

rich_r Newbie
    None

Nov 13, 2009
    Take a look at Helium in the market.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.backup

It will allow you to transfer apps and data (although in the case you just need data) without rooting your phone. There is a pretty good video there as well. It's a bit complicated to get setup on both ends if you are not rooted. But I got it working on my Verizon LG G2 without too much trouble.

breadnatty08 likes this.
  4. Klotar

Klotar Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 21, 2013
    My suggestion (not from experience but planning to try it in a couple weeks when I get a new phone) is to copy all files/directories that I can off my old phone to a directory on the PC, and then selectively copy back files one at a time for each app reinstalled on the new phone. May not work for all apps but should for those that can restore from backups, etc., like Lightflow, Profile Scheduler, DataVault, and misc others like my alarm clock. Others don't really have much setup or the data is in the cloud.

5. nitramus

nitramus Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 17, 2011
    mailman
    gatineau canada
    This looks pretty good and not to complicated.

6. nj02vette

nj02vette Android Expert
    None

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Marlton, NJ
    I've said it before, this is the single biggest glaring weakness in the Android system. Google needs to provide a backup that average Joe Q. Public can use. Just like iPhone. Restore from iTunes, simple.

People need this for a backup in case their current phone needs to be replaced, for upgrades, or for syncing multiple devices.

You shouldn't have to root or use the SDK to do a backup of data files. With all the cloud sourcing, that should be automatic. No reason Angry Bird scores can't transfer between devices. It sucks why I can't play a level on Angry Birds on my tablet, then pick up my phone and keep playing where I left off (substitute your favorite game or app).

Google needs to do this. That would be the single biggest killer "app" for mobile computing. They're almost there with Chrome syncing websites. Just take it a bit further.

LG G2

The LG G2 has a 5.2-inch display with 1080p resolution. It also has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor, 2GB of RAM, a 13 megapixel camera, NFC, and more.
Tags: