1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root How unbrick ZTE warp sequent no matter what

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by swungspeedz, Jul 22, 2013.

1. swungspeedz

swungspeedz Member
    None

Aug 11, 2012
    Mechanic
    I'm afraid of Rooting my ZTE warp sequent using How to Root the ZTE Warp Sequent - TheUnlockr I used to have a samsung epic 4G and it was easier using odin. But i switch over to boost mobile and got this phone , can someone help me root my ohone and not brick it.

Advertisement

2. junkie2100

junkie2100 Android Expert
    None

Mar 11, 2012
    Male
    its not possible to unbrick from certain things. if you do something completely and utterly (for lack of a better word) stupid, you will just be done for. there is a tool similar to odin for zte phones but it is not well supported at all and we have no way to use it on our phone. also, if you updated to the new b11 jellybean update that doesnt work anymore. you have to flash cwm onto the phone then root, but at the same time there are advantages to that method

cwm enables you to make a full backup of your phones system, if you make a backup, then root with the provided zip, if something were to go wrong you can recover from the backup you made, though the chances of something going wrong are slim to none, the biggest chance is user error, which unless you flash a rom not built specifically for this phone aka not found in the all things root section for the warp sequent (not the warp, not any other phone, not any other site other than unleashedprepaids.com which generally has the same content) or damage cwm, you can always recover from

my recommendation is if you want to root your phone get cwm on there using the fastboot method, then make sure apon exiting you tell it "yes" when it asks to disable recovery flashing. if you arent brave enough to venture that far in, well then i guess youll just have to make due with what you have

Mikestony likes this.
  3. swungspeedz

swungspeedz Member
    None

Aug 11, 2012
    Mechanic
    what do you mean by disabling recovery flashing and how do i do the fast boot

4. junkie2100

junkie2100 Android Expert
    None

Mar 11, 2012
    Male
    ok here it is step by step
    step 1
    download my C++ modular all in one tool
    step 2
    plug in the phone
    step 3
    use the recovery installation function of my tool in fastboot instead of terminal mode
    step 4
    wait to see if it gives you an error about checking your drivers
    if it does, leave the phone at the black screen with the green guy, see my tutorial on checking your drivers, and instead of selecting adb drivers in the end of manually forcing select kernel debug
    then after drivers are properly installed pull the battery and try again
    step 5
    flash the root.zip which can be found in the all things root section
    step 6
    hit reboot on the cwm menu, then when it asks if you want to disable recovery flashing, select yes
    step 7
    do a happy dance, or crack open a cold brew, or both
    be sure not to spill the beer while doing the happy dance
    step 8
    come back here and let us know it worked out
    otherwise feel free to ask for more assistance, and also alot of questions have been answered already so you can just look through the all things root section to find alot of information on things such as this rather than having to wait around for my sarcastic ass

scary alien and Mikestony like this.
  5. swungspeedz

swungspeedz Member
    None

Aug 11, 2012
    Mechanic
    lol im only 15 thanks junkie :D

scary alien likes this.