1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

General How warm is warm on a Nexus 7

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Renard99, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Renard99

Renard99 Lurker

Hello all

I've just received the Nexus 7 as a gift and so far I love it, however, I've noticed that it gets quite warm quite quickly in the bottom left after only light use (browsing the news, check the weather, open the calendar) and that's without a case.

I appreciate that with a quad core/HD screen etc it'll get warm like a variety of other devices, however, I've never used one that has got so warm so quickly and then proceeds to get even hotter upon demanding tasks like games.

Am I being an idiot and worrying about something I know happens (i.e processors get hot) or have I got one that runs hot and my worries are justified?

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Mine gets quite hot as well.

As far as I know, it will turn it self off when it reaches a certain heat so as long as it's never turned itself off, it's nothing to worry about. :)

Renard99 likes this.
  3. I luv trolling

I luv trolling Well-Known Member

Wow I knew tegra 3 had high heat output but lately I've been playing an online game for an hour or so on end and would blame my rom for the rebooting.

4. sfbloodbrother

sfbloodbrother Extreme Android User

Guess under load like web browsing or other applications that use up a lot of RAM processor does get pretty hot especially when gaming.

Renard99 likes this.
  5. Harry2

Harry2 Extreme Android User

Don't worry about processor heat :)

The tablet's most sensive component is its Li-Ion battery.
    If you're worried about the N7's temperature you'd install a battery monitor like Battery Monitor Widget for to measure the temperature of the battery (by time on a graph).

The Li-Ion battery's temperature operating range is:
    for discharging -20C (-4F) to +60C (+140F).
    for charging 0C (+32F) to +45C (+113F).

Harry

El Presidente and Renard99 like this.
  6. androidpod

androidpod Well-Known Member

This is sage advice.

I don't game, but I do monitor the battery temps just to satisfy my curiosity. While mine runs well within range, for the gamers it's a terrific tool to keep an eye on heat.

Harry2 likes this.
  7. lvt

lvt Android Expert

As long as it's only warm and not hot, you are OK. Electronic components can easily withstand much higher temperature.