• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How watch live World Cup 2010 on Droid Incredible

Which Ustream is the one everyone is using?????

Broadcaster, Viewer, Launcher????

Thanks

You use Broadcaster if you want to broadcast from your Incredible to uStream, or you use the Viewer if you want to watch stuff on your Incredible off of UStream (like world cup stuff) Launcher is just a plug in to make launching viewer easier in different apps.

Upvote 0
With 30 days left, thought I could get this rolling.

Now that we have a powerfull (battery hogging) phone and several good browser options (Dolphin HD, Skyfire), any suggestions on how to get live feed of the games into DINC? Free or Paid, lets hear it.

I can confirm that espn Mobile TV does NOT work in the stock browser or Dolphin HD or Skyfire. I tried multiple times but the video screen is just blank and no audio.

I have had FootMob installed for a while. It does have a live tab represented by a camera icon which implies there will be video there but I kinda doubt it because they don't say the word "video" anywhere in the description of the app. So, either it doesn't actually provide live video or it does but they want to be discrete about it because they are stealing the feed or something.

I second ustream as the best bet. I've had that installed for a while but it didn't occur to me until I searched and found this thread that ustream will no doubt be streaming the games.

Last note, I think it's pretty stubborn and behind the times for ESPN to not come out with an Android version of Mobile TV. I remember reading some B.S. reasoning. I think the real reason is appl and or MS is in some manor compelling espn to not make an android version. My 3 cents..

Upvote 0
well we're only 4 days away and its not looking good. Slingplayer App isnt coming out this week ( at least I dont think it will) and Ustream is soooo unreliable I won't count on it being a source. Our other option in the Vcast app thats supposed to release this week BUT it adds $10 monthly fee to our bill. BOOOOO. What the word with you guys and the WC?

Upvote 0
I am not super familiar with UStream. How are you finding an actual game? All of the links that I click on just advertise a website? Any help would be appreciated!

Downloaded UStream and I'm watching the Portugal match right now...it's in spanish but i don't have the volume on neway lol :D

World Cup in 3 Days!

I also tried everything else listed in this thread to no avail. Only one that worked for me!

+1 for UStream

~HTC Incredible~

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
** EDITED**
V Cast Video App is available for DINC. Go to the V Cast section in the market.

Now, I just subscribed but I got a feeling we'll get screwed cause of this clause: "Credit may not appear on first bill."

So you will def get billed first time around. i'm capturing the screen so i can argue in a month.

Upvote 0
** EDITED**
V Cast Video App is available for DINC. Go to the V Cast section in the market.

Now, I just subscribed but I got a feeling we'll get screwed cause of this clause: "Credit may not appear on first bill."

So you will def get billed first time around. i'm capturing the screen so i can argue in a month.
Did you try it out yet but most importantly, did it work?
Did you also download the V-Cast Video Manager?

Upvote 0
This may be a silly question but since you had to add the App from the market and not Verizon's website, how do you cancel the subscription
and stop being charged the monthly fee?

I use an app called "phone" which allows me to interact with human beings verbally. I'd tell them to cancel it. :D

I logged back into my verizon account, now I see an additional Promo:
Promotion details
15% ACCESS DISCOUNT
12% - FEATURE DISCOUNT
1 MONTH FREE V CAST VIDEOS $10

I'm not sure this will broadcast live though. I spoke to the VZW dude, he was more confused about the Video on Demand, Mobile TV Live vs clips etc. He put an additional note in my account to remove the charge. I'll test tomorrow, if no live broadcast, i call back and get this removed, no charge.

GO USA! & AUSTRALIA & BRAZIL!!!! (i'm multicultural like that =)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones