• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How well does the IR blaster work? I want to use a tablet as my go-to universal remote. (

tjlmbklr

Lurker
Jun 18, 2013
I am going to be replacing my old tired Pronto Philips universal remote for either a a Galaxy Tab 3 or a LG G-pad. I am specifically looking into an Android tablet for their IR Blasters and the ability to run Yatse or Kore remotes to control my Kodi/XBMC system.

Does the Tab 3 Lite have an IR Blaster, or was it removed for this model?

So all I need is to know how well the IR blaster works with any of the universal remotes available in the app store.

I am going to be replacing my old tired Pronto Philips universal remote for either a a Galaxy Tab 3 or a LG G-pad. I am specifically looking into an Android tablet for their IR Blasters and the ability to run Yatse or Kore remotes to control my Kodi/XBMC system.

Does the Tab 3 Lite have an IR Blaster, or was it removed for this model?

So all I need is to know how well the IR blaster works with any of the universal remotes available in the app store.

Well this forum isn't for the lite. It's for the regular galaxy tab 3 7.0 but no the lite doesn't have an ir blaster. I've used. I've used my tab in conjunction with my comcast cable box and it works just fine. Of course there's a bit of delay in between pressing numbers or changing channels so if you do something to fast your tv won't register it. Of course though I was using the default galaxy remote app that comes pre installed so other apps and whatnot I can't really speak on but all in all I've had a good experience with it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones