• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How will you destroy your BB Storm?

I use a Pearl.

So suck it. Cause this phone is even worse!

I got $170 out of my storm!!! put it towards my Dinc. So i got my new phone for $30 haha, but yea, i had to degrade to a Pearl for a week as well. so sad isn't it.!!!

Maybe all those dumb asses complaining about the camera on this thing should goto a pearl, it would benefit:cool: all of us haha

Upvote 0
I'm actually going to sell mine to make a little money! I can understand the hatred from the people who bought it at launch or Pre-5.0, but they're not bad once you upgrade to the 5.0 OS. . . That's why I was leery about buying the Incredible at launch, but fortunately this is a different story.

Gotta disagree :p....the 5.0 "upgrade" (ahem) was a *very* slight improvement, but overall it still SUCKS !

Upvote 0
I still can't believe people bought that POS. Blackberries are shitty, marginally upgraded dumbphones with an OS that feels like it's from 2004. You really thought they could pull off a real smartphone?

The regular keyboard BB's are great for corp email & calendering - they used to own that market. It was not totally crazy to think they could successfully integrate some smartphone capabilities, but they failed miserably.

I think RIMM will follow PALMs death spiral. Funny how these companies create & own a market and then get crushed when they fail to continue innovating.

Oh well, maybe I will get rich shorting RIMM & PALM :D

Upvote 0
haha im TOTALLY selling mine on ebay :) its still a great phone! i mean, it does its job even though my new phone will kick its ASS all over the place. My phone is currently going for close to $100 on ebay w a day or so left. I included like 10 games, tons of accessories, etc with it.

TOTALLY sell it. or, if you smash it.. lets see a video! :p

Upvote 0
I bought my Storm 1 on opening day, was 3rd in line at the Verizon store. I ended up getting the Tour as a FRU due to pieces breaking off the Storm and subsequent replacements. Around September, I moved on to the iPhong 3GS. To be completely honest, I would probably stick with the 3GS until my contract ran out with AT&T, but what's the purpose of having a nice phone if it can't do the most basic of actions...send/receive calls?

Upvote 0
After one year with the original storm, many countless hours on crackberry.com constantly rooting for the "better" OS (hybrid or other), I am very ready to own a phone that is actually enjoyable. That said mine is still in one piece after more than a few drops, battery has held up and it's still around after several "bricking" it several times. While the idea of watching it explode appeals to me, I will most likely hang onto it as a last resortphone/movie player for my grandson in the car. Goodbye BIS and RIM!

Upvote 0
Funny how everyone hates their storm. I love my storm. But I knew how to tweak it and make it work perfectly. Only thing I did not like was the occasional 2 minute hiccup where I can't do anything.

It always ran like a champ. It self battery pulled every night automatically so I was never low on memory. Used Opera so web browsing was fast and custom themes were excellent.

Only reason I'm getting rid of it is because after seeing my brother use the Droid since it came out I've been wanting a good android phone for myself. just amazing how much faster it is compared to my storm in every aspect of the phone.

The theme my storm has been using for a few months now. Looks like something else but I can't quite figure it out.

custom_htc2_bold_no_ocd.png

Upvote 0
I will be taking mine to the spot I go shooting out here in AZ. My Buddy and I have several guns that are really aching to destroy something, and my BB Storm 1 is going to die a slow painful death. My wife says that I should sell it for $100 on eBay. I told her that the frustration this phone has caused me is worth way more than $100. I am going to record the destruction of the $h1t Storm with my Inc. and another camera set up on a tri-pod (really really really wish I had access to a high speed) and post it here. I am also going to email it to RIM's CEO and their board of directors. I am privy to their contact info through my job. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA CAN'T WAIT!

Upvote 0
the only reason im not shoving my storm up blackberrys collective a$$'s, is because im on unemployment right now, and need the $50 that it will bring me on craigslist.

BTW i would love it if everbody would video tape the phone getting distroyed.

I would love to stitch together everybodys video's and send that video to blackberry.

;)

Dude i sold mine for 170!!!!

Upvote 0
The screen on my Storm1 for the last two weeks only "clicks" when it feels like it. The screen gets stuck down and wont release to complete a click. Try txting one letter at a time and shaking the phone after each letter to release the screen....... yeah. Despite that I do like the Storm. It did almost everything I ever asked and I never had any software issues like freezing or exception errors. My plan is to get my warranty replacement from my local VZW service department and then pickup my reserved Inc. Sell the brand new replacement Storm for around $150 and end up getting a new Inc for $50 basically...

Upvote 0
Hey Jaguox, I'm in CB. Here's an idea...

We could stand on either side of the Bob Kerry Pedestrian Bridge, throw the 9530s toward each other, smashing them into each other, allowing the parts rain down on the Missouri River towards the watery grave they both deserve...

Thursday can't get here soon enough so I can drop kick this thing. I have replaced it 5 times due to various issues with the phone (screen click, no notifications via LED, muffled sound, screen click, and screen click) and almost had it replaced again when I heard about this gem. Never again, RIM, never again...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones