1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Apps How would I develop an Android application which takes posts from my Wordpress blog?

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by Random Brandon, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Random Brandon

None

Apr 30, 2012
    C.E.O of Varaty
    London
    I was thinking of making an Android application for my blog(s) that are all powered by Wordpress, so I was wondering would it be possible for someone like me who wants to start developing applications in Android but has no coding experience what so ever ... well not completely, I do know a few terms but I'm literally new to coding.

Not only do I want posts from the blog I was also wondering if I could create a simple latest Tweets and latest Facebook Tabs, just something with social media involved ... so maybe a tab called Social Media and then buttons to press that show latest Tweets, Facebook posts and maybe YouTube videos ... I think that would be better but I really need your guy's opinions.

Here's a list of things I would like to know from you advanced coders:

• What coding language would be best to make an app like this?
    • How would I create the app, what API would I need to use if any etc
    • Is this even possible (Though I'm sure it is)

I'm not sure I need anything else but if I think of any I'll be sure to tell you.

Thanks for any help! And I'm willing the spend a LONG time learning the certain language that would be best for this before I attempt to make it!

:D

Advertisement

2. Random Brandon

None

Apr 30, 2012
    C.E.O of Varaty
    London
    Can anyone help?

3. Gauss Jordan

Gauss Jordan Lurker
    None

Dec 21, 2011
    Developer
    Sweden
    Hey there! Welcome to Android Forums!

If you want to read posts and such from a Wordpress you can use one of the built in feeds that Wordpress has built in. You can read about it here: WordPress Feeds WordPress Codex
    Facebook and twitter should have similar features.

If you have little or no experience i suggest you start off with some really simple apps.
    Java is the language you'd want to use, because basically every app in Android uses java. For that you can download Eclipse and then download the Android SDK through Eclipse's download manager or from this site: Android SDK | Android Developers

The package contains tons of tutorials and examples that should get you started. Once you have done some research and is a bit warmed up, don't hesitate to ask specific questions.

Good luck on your ventures!

Random Brandon likes this.
  4. Random Brandon

None

Apr 30, 2012
    C.E.O of Varaty
    London
    Thanks so much for your help, I've already had experience in downloading and using the SDK and Eclipse and I shall make some really simple apps before I start this! :D