• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How's the battery life?

You didn't read my post. I did state that battery is battery, but the OS needs a few runs to REPORT/calibrate the proper %. IE if it shows 5% left, you might have 15% of usable battery left.

This is common android knowledge.

Common Android knowledge? To whom? The average user has no idea what you're even talking about.
I think it's forgotten that not everyone using an android phone is sitting on an Android forum.
I've never spent one day concerning myself with whether or not the OS needs a few runs to report & calibrate.

Upvote 0
You didn't read my post. I did state that battery is battery, but the OS needs a few runs to REPORT/calibrate the proper %. IE if it shows 5% left, you might have 15% of usable battery left.

This is common android knowledge.

Common Android knowledge? To whom? The average user has no idea what you're even talking about.
I think it's forgotten that not everyone using an android phone is sitting on an Android forum.
I've never spent one day concerning myself with whether or not the OS needs a few runs to report & calibrate.

I think it was true back in the days of gingerbread. I don't think it's still the case today. =)

Sent using the force

Upvote 0
I never had to calibrate my battery. Different strikes for different folks. My usage for the afternoon/evening

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358135023885.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358135023885.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 121
Upvote 0
There is always going to be a tradeoff between battery size and power consumption. Apparenly the N2 does great compared to previous smart phones but if you simultaneously run bluetooth, gps, and wifi, then play videos and talk on the phone, all at the same time you're going to hammer on the battery. The battery size is probably calculated to give the majority of users adequate power for typical use. For more power carry a spare battery or an external USB battery or get one of the double size internal batterys, or, do all three. The phones will get somewhat more energy efficient, batteries will improve a little, but there's no nanotech super battery in the pipeline. If you want to use all the features hard all day you are going to need ac power or a pocket full of spare batteries. That's going to stay true for years to come.

Lee, that does sound amazing , it is strange though that when watching handset reviews of the GN2 I keep a close eye on the battery indicator and it usually goes down by a few % points in a 15 min video with the screen on and apps being opened closed . Perhaps there are cuts in the video but 3% sounds ridiculous ...thats 30 hours of screen on time.

Upvote 0
In the past few days, I've noticed something I really love about this battery compared to the past. 15% remaining on the note 2 is not anywhere near what it had meant in my past phones.

For example, I reached 15% 2 hours ago, answered a few emails, looked through some texts and also browsed through the forums. I'm only down to 10 percent in those 2 hours and my spare battery is ready to go.

No way I could do that much activity once my past phones reached 15% in the past. At most, I'd maybe last 1 hour just leaving on standby. As soon as I get back to my office, I'll swap, but I really love the exprience with the Note 2 oem batteries.

Upvote 0
A few days ago one of my batteries was dropping like a stone. Within 2 hrs I went from 100 to 43%. For some reason S-Suggest (which I don't use) was draining me dry. I don't even know what made it kick into gear.

I disabled S-Suggest (along with a few more) and not noticed its absence. I've got my best apps either from these forums or by searching Google Play on topics of interest.

DrexAppeal, I could not manage a multi-quote reply but here is a link to S-Suggest.

S Suggest Finds the Apps You Need | Samsung Mobile Article

Reactions: drexappeal
Upvote 0
I disabled S-Suggest (along with a few more) and not noticed its absence. I've got my best apps either from these forums or by searching Google Play on topics of interest.

DrexAppeal, I could not manage a multi-quote reply but here is a link to S-Suggest.

S Suggest Finds the Apps You Need | Samsung Mobile Article

Thanks for the link, but is it listed as s suggest on the phone? I wavy to be sure it's not enabled because it's definitely not an app that I would use.

-Edit- Nevermind. Found it

Upvote 0
I had three days once with the extended battery. :D (Hyperion 6200).

Now I typically. Actually I like the feel of the phone with the bigger battery. Stock just seems too thin/candybar-ish.
I've been testing one of the Hyperrion 6200 ma batteries for the past couple days. Today was a day off and I ended up sitting around the house and surfing on the phone all day. I've been using the phone almost continuously on battery with wifi and bluetooth on and the screen set to full bright, no dimming, since 9:00 am. At the moment, after 11 hours, the battery stands at 44% remaining, according to the battery indicator. Last Friday I ran the GPS and a track logger for 14 hours, let it sleep on battery overnight, then for another 8 hours on Saturday before the battery went to 1% after about 40 continuous hours.

After this charge finally runs down, probably sometime tomorrow, I'll see how many days the battery goes for my normal work day uses, which includes only a few hours of surfing a day. I'm guessing 3 days is likely and 4 or more is possible.

I got the Hyperion battery for travel and all day outdoor activities. In normal city life the phone is charging in the house, in the car, and at work and rarely drops below 95%. The thinner, lighter standard battery is more than adequate for that.

Upvote 0
Could some of the USA owners please say what they had for phone and battery life before and battery life of note 2.

PLEASE
Thank YOU

I used to have the EVO and then a Galaxy S2. Both had horrible battery life. I even bought extra batteries to carry around with me since the battery would go from 100% to dead in 4 hours. I now have a Note 2 and am thoroughly surprised at how amazing the battery life is. Today, for example I took it off the charger at 10:30am and had 100% life, 5 hours later, I'm at 86% with moderate use. Not bad at all.

Upvote 0
Hi everyone, today had a funny wired thing, was trying to send text but it was not going due to network issues I guess, anyways I just restarted the phone without removing the battery, trying to sort out the issue of the text and it has been sorted out well, but after the restart I noticed that the battery discharging start counting from the min of the restart and removed all the time before the restart.
Is that normal or there is something wrong?
I think I used to do restart but the discharging counter used to keep the actual time
Any idea what is that?
Thanks in advanced

Upvote 0
Guys any idea... :eek:

EDIT:
Just connected the phone right now to Pc and was doing backup and disconnected and just for curiosity restarted the phone and surprisingly now that issue has gone and the discharging just continuing showing the previous time, though in the morning I did it 3 or 4 times and every time I restart it reset the discharging counter...
Wired :thinking: :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Hi everyone, today had a funny wired thing, was trying to send text but it was not going due to network issues I guess, anyways I just restarted the phone without removing the battery, trying to sort out the issue of the text and it has been sorted out well, but after the restart I noticed that the battery discharging start counting from the min of the restart and removed all the time before the restart.
Is that normal or there is something wrong?
I think I used to do restart but the discharging counter used to keep the actual time
Any idea what is that?
Thanks in advanced

I think that is normal. Mine does the same thing when I restart the phone or change batteries.

Upvote 0
I think that is normal. Mine does the same thing when I restart the phone or change batteries.

Actually its not normal and as long as you did not connect the phone to the charger or replaced the battery is should keep on counting and it used to count all the time even if I switched off the mobile at night and switched it on in the morning and as long as you did not removed the battery or connected to a charger it should always keep on counting, and It has been sorted out just a min ago and I don't know how it started or how it gone

Upvote 0
Actually its not normal and as long as you did not connect the phone to the charger or replaced the battery is should keep on counting and it used to count all the time even if I switched off the mobile at night and switched it on in the morning and as long as you did not removed the battery or connected to a charger it should always keep on counting, and It has been sorted out just a min ago and I don't know how it started or how it gone

Yeah, I guess mine does it because I have 2 extra batteries.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones