• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Hows your Battery life?

1-2% an hour in standby seems a bit high. I would normally expect to lose that amount overnight (approx 8 hours) with everything except packet data switched off. I just managed 3 days on a full charge with minimal use. A couple of calls, a bit of texting, a small amount of wifi internet and about 6 hours of music player (blue tooth, GPS both switched off, wifi only on when needed.) However since down loading an update of the Samsung Task Manager I seem to get through the battery a bit faster.

Upvote 0
I have most everything turned of and last night from 12.30 till 8.00am the battery dropped 1%.

My normal usage is few calls, few text messages and a bit of browsing (either wireless or 3G) and I get 3-4 days.

Of course usage isn't the whole story, if you're in a poor/variable signal area the phone will be constantly hunting and battery life will take a hit.

I'm on 2.2.1 by the way.

Reactions: Ih4teKies
Upvote 0
I have most everything turned of and last night from 12.30 till 8.00am the battery dropped 1%.

My normal usage is few calls, few text messages and a bit of browsing (either wireless or 3G) and I get 3-4 days.

Of course usage isn't the whole story, if you're in a poor/variable signal area the phone will be constantly hunting and battery life will take a hit.

I'm on 2.2.1 by the way.

which firmware is it? any custom kernel?

Upvote 0
i am damn lucky to last the day on mine. I text entirely too much all day and if I leave the house with a full battery it will be giving me the low battery warning by the time I get home.. so I guess it lasts roughly 8 hrs.. of course it will last probably days if I dont touch the phone but whats the point of that??

Upvote 0
I have noticed one problem with the SGS. The screen is too bright. I go to work most mornings very early and commute in a truck so I can use my phone on the way. Other guys have iPhones and their screens are VERY dim compared to the SGS.

Is this simply a brightness thing or are the screen technologies so different that the SGS is giving a brighter display with the same power consumption?

The brightness on the SGS seems too high for me, especially in low light situations. This is most a waste of power in my head. Are there any apps that let you set the screen brightness way, way down?

Upvote 0
I have noticed one problem with the SGS. The screen is too bright. I go to work most mornings very early and commute in a truck so I can use my phone on the way. Other guys have iPhones and their screens are VERY dim compared to the SGS.

Is this simply a brightness thing or are the screen technologies so different that the SGS is giving a brighter display with the same power consumption?

The brightness on the SGS seems too high for me, especially in low light situations. This is most a waste of power in my head. Are there any apps that let you set the screen brightness way, way down?

....Settings - Display - Brightness - Untick auto brightness off. And then you can drag the top bar of the screen left and right to adjust the brightness yourself.

We're lucky to have SAMOLED. The SGS beats on all mobile displays out right now. Even with the brightness turned all the way down it is still bright enough for daily use which I find amazing. Samsung's hidden card Super AMOLED is. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones