1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Hows your Siedio 3500 holding up?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rsarno, May 25, 2011.

1. rsarno

rsarno Thank Me, Im Irish!

Got mine about 6mo ago and it was insane, jaw-dropping, id get like 36+ hrs unplugged as a POWER user

Now 6mo later, im dead within 15hrs of moderate use.

Is this the typical life span of them? I turn phone off and charge overnight, wake up and turn it on. Should i do this differently to extend the life?

Also wondering if i should buy another one, or is there something better out now?

2. billybob275

billybob275 Well-Known Member

Mine was averaging around the 48 hour range with a max of 80 hours once when I was trying to be uber conservative with my use (for kicks and giggles). It got down to where it would last only 16-24 hours tops here recently, so I had to investigate.

I figured there would be some gradual loss of its capacity, but this was more dramatic of a change than my ebay batteries. I had some Amazon apps + their appstore installed and noticed they're always using the network connection and staying awake. I removed the ones I didnt use frequently, and also went back to using SuperPower to cut off my data and only poll in 15 minute intervals while I'm at work. I also installed LBE Security to prevent apps from unnecessarily trying to access the internet (and also to stop them from grabbing my location and IMEI info).

From a full charge I'm back up to 36 hours minimum, and was able to squeeze 68 hours out of a charge last week. I realize rationing your data connection may not be an ideal solution for most, and that the battery's performance will deteriorate with time, but I seem to be close to around 80% of the performance I had last fall.

EDIT: currently configured SuperPower to enable data for 1 minute every 45 minutes with the screen off now that I'm not working on the road as frequently. That seemed to help out a little more. Additionally I'll swap out to a back up battery every other night and charge my 3500 in an external charger, just so I can bump charge and leave the phone in case of emergencies.

3. Sevreth

Sevreth Well-Known Member

Well the Lithium batteries have a finite charge/discarge ammount. Usually 500-1000 discharges (depending on quality, but you see reduced performance as time goes on). I have the HTC 2150 mAh battery, and I can still get 48 hours with careful use after at least 8 months. Best I have ever done was 60 hours, but barely used it.

For a power user, I expect that the battery is worn out quickly due to constant charging. I have 2 extended batteries and a dock for just the battery to charge. I just swap them out as I need it, so I extend their service life (see bump charging).

Hope this helps,

-Sev

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews