• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How's your signal quality, mine is horrible

mtsarpilot

Feb 4, 2011
How's the signal quality folks are finding on the Captivate? I live in an area that has poor but useable signal quality. My previous Blackberrys, my older Moto Razor, my wife's LG all get good signal. My Captivate however gets no signal in the house. Similarly I have weak signal in my office and friend's devices (all on AT&T of course) are getting strong signal. Is this classic of the Captivate or do I have a bad device?

Thanks,

Joel

How's the signal quality folks are finding on the Captivate? I live in an area that has poor but useable signal quality. My previous Blackberrys, my older Moto Razor, my wife's LG all get good signal. My Captivate however gets no signal in the house. Similarly I have weak signal in my office and friend's devices (all on AT&T of course) are getting strong signal. Is this classic of the Captivate or do I have a bad device?

Thanks,

Joel

Of course this is highly subjective, but the signal quality with the Captivate is, generally, neither better nor worse than that obtained using other devices. Maybe during your friend's next visit to your home or office you can see what his/her phone signal strength reflects so that you can determine whether your device is behaving within normal parameters.

Upvote 0
Thanks,Joel

I don't notice much difference between the captivate and my sony erricson, razr, L7 or LG gossip.

You best return it now ... the longer u wait the more hassle you will have trying to exchange it.

KC

Upvote 0

Thanks,

Joel

i dont notice any difference between the cappy and the iphone 3g i came from. glad about that too.

Upvote 0
mine used to have no bars in 1 area of my house (but when you call it, it will ring....just eats up battery), but in the past week or so, the "no bar area" seems to be expanding in the house......
other occasions it would show 2 bars, but my call keeps on getting dropped or people say they couldn't hear me even though I heard them fine..... AT&T claims I'm in a bad coverage area: THat may be true, but I think this phone has issues with switching between 3g and edge (at least mine anyway) at low signal areas.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones