• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HOWTO: Enter Bootloader Mode on LG Optimus Zone 2

So I was working with my phone trying to see what I can do with it. I got it rooted (via towelroot) installed busybox, SuperSu, the usual. Then I installed custom recovery and then installed a script to enter recovery via VolDown+Power. It softbricked the phone gave me a LG Security Error. I fixed it and thought hey? Why not create an exploit that forces the phone into bootloader mode.

There sadly is no common access to bootloader mode and so unless you softbrick there is no bl mode. Until cnc-bootloader (command and conquer bootloader) is released (now lol). This exploit creates a backup of the boot partition then erases it. I am also developing a computer gui to make it easier and safer. It uses a slightly different method of doing it and it can be a lot safer too, so if you aren't comfortable with this then I'll post a link when I release it. (NOTE: This gui is released by Trident-Dev. It is not open source.) So heres how it works

Download the cnc-bootloader exploit and run with root permission on your device.
It will then make a backup called boot.img and erase your boot partition.
WARNING: Make sure to backup boot.img to your computer before you reboot. This is the only way to exit bootloader mode
Then just reboot your phone like n0rmal and it should be in a bootloader loop!
(This can be fixed by reflashing the backed up boot.img)

The exploit is available on GitHub at https://github.com/redtelko/cnc-bootloader

More information is available in the README.md file and stay tuned for the release of our GUI version!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones