1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HOWTO: Hebrew support on any ROM

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by maurinet, Jun 30, 2010.

1. moshes

moshes Lurker

I trying to understand if it is possible to have Hebrew in opera mini on my Samsung galaxy tab?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. maurinet

maurinet Well-Known Member

You can follow this procedure if your device is rooted. To get root access, please search the forum, there are many posts on how to root your device.

3. adam777

adam777 Lurker

Hi, I installed the hebrew fonts now, and when I want to write (with hebrew anysoftkeyboard), they will display in "Left to Right" orientation.
    How can I write in "Right to Left" orientation?
    I have Samsung Galaxy 3 (i5800) with firmware 2.2 Froyo.
    Thank you in anticipation

P.S.: excuse me for the simplistic and wrong english expressions, i learn the English now only.

4. maurinet

Adam, try looking in the settings of Anysoftkeyboard, go to "Tweaks" -> "RTL detection type" - and try the different options. That may work for you.

I don't know the Galaxy i5800, but there may be some setting that you can change to make it work properly with RTL languages.

Otherwise, look in the forums for the Galaxy i5800, there may be something there.

בהצלחה!

5. adam777

adam777 Lurker

תודה רבה

6. RS1124

RS1124 Lurker

I tried this on my evo and it didnt work made some weird glitches on other text, yes I am rooted... hoe do I reverse or uninstall this font and go back to normal?? Thanks.

7. oferdesade

oferdesade Lurker

ok. so the situation is thus:
    did 1-to-10. all fine but when in gscript lite clicked on “Save” nothing happened.
    wanted to try 2nd approach, but for some reason now cant seem to mount phone - when i plug in usb, nada. also kies (not a blessing on the best of days) isn't recognizing phone.
    also (am i beginning to sound like whining jap?) is there a way to unroot phone without using a pc based program, now that usb connection is dead?

8. oferdesade

oferdesade Lurker

stranger and stranger.
    installled new firmware and suddenly have hebrew. because of the hebrew? or one of the 3 different installations of different packs? which one? and who's that lurking in the dark?

9. i love metal

i love metal Newbie

since you are Israeli i thought you might know the answer to my question i opened a thread about it 5 mins ago as well in the main I7500 forum but i need to flash my 1.6 galaxy back to the original 1.5 orange one can you walk me though on how to do so?
    than you and i need it fast cuz my warranty expaiers on moonday

10. maurinet

Download this file http://mauweb.net/goodies/i7500tutorial/I7500PTRJA2.zip it is the original Orange IL 1.5 firmware.
    You need to flash it using Odin, you can follow the procedure in my tutorial (see my signature).

Let us know how it went.
    Good luck!

11. Vlerusik

Vlerusik Lurker

I have a question, does this installation for Hebrew support works
    also for i5800 Galaxy 3 2.2 updated1
    Is it possible to get in touch with you, so you can help me to do it yourself for me, (with payment).

12. maurinet

In theory, if your device is rooted, it should work. I wouldn't want to do it for you since there is always a chance something might go wrong and brick your phone. Follow this procedure at your own risk.

13. greenspan

greenspan Lurker

I can't find any info on the forum for adding Hebrew to a Chinese version of the Galaxy S3.. think you could help? GScript doesn't work..

email me if you can, thegreenspan @ gmail

Shabbat Shalom

14. maurinet

It's been a while since I wrote this post, I think Android has changed a bit since... try installing the AnySoftKeyboard Hebrew pack from the market(and the keyboard itself as well perhaps), that may do it. Let us know!

15. lolo1968

lolo1968 Lurker

Hi Maurinet,
    I live in Israel and I am about to buy 2 Samsung Ace 2 from France. Do You think I will be able to install Hebrew like you explained in your tutorial ??

16. maurinet

New versions of Android already have a native Hebrew version of the OS you may only need to download fonts from the Market.
    This tutorial was written specifically for i7500 but it should work on any rooted device.

lolo1968 likes this.
  17. lolo1968

lolo1968 Lurker

Thanks for your answer. Also if I buy it in France with Android 2.3 do U think it has a native Hebrew version ??

18. nvst18

nvst18 Lurker

my phone is from china and has Arabic and Farsi but not Hebrew. Any suggestions?