1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Howto move music from InternalSD to ExternalSD

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by A7X Requiem, Jan 4, 2014.

1. A7X Requiem

A7X Requiem Guest
    None
    I have an LG Optimus Elite. it only has 1.98gb of storage and i have 1.85gb of music.I have a 16gb micro sd card. How do i move the music from my internal memory to my external memory? (i had to make a file on my phone called music and thats where its all stored)

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    Either plug the phone into your computer, or use a file manager in the phone like ES File Explorer or Total Commander, and copy/paste. Once you're sure that the paste went well, and the music actually is on the SD card (I'd unmount it, put it in the adapter, plug it into the computer and play at least a few songs), you can delete it from internal storage.

I'd do the same on the card that you did on the phone - make a folder on the card named music.

Don't try to copy/paste 1.85GB of music at one time. USB sometimes fails on huge file transfers. I'd go with 200MB or less at a time. It'll take a little longer, you might have to write down the last song you're transferring, but it won't fail mid-transfer, making you have to delete everything (it might have gotten corrupted) and start over.

You could also use an app like Wifi File Transfer, but it will probably take longer. Not much, not days, but longer.

scary alien likes this.