• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HOWTO: Partition Your SDCard for A2SD

Try going into the ClockWorkMod settings and put a checkmark in the Erase Recovery box. When I first installed CWM, I had a similar problem rebooting into recovery until someone suggested I try that and now it works everytime.

Thanks. I could have sworn I tried that before (with it both checked and unchecked) and it didn't work. But I tried it again and was successful. Go figure.

Upvote 0
so i flashed the velocity V.04 to my ally, everything was working fine til i partitioned my SDcard, i put 512mb for partition and 0 for swap, after i rebooted the phone and everything, i noticed my market has been deleted!! what to do?!?
Well Install it back... LOL
Here use this file that I have attached to the bottom of this post "com.android.vending.apk
Hopefully you Have Astro File manager or somthing to Install .apk's
If not then you will have to push the .apk via ADB shell.
Hope that helps Bro.

Attachments

• com.android.vending.apk
    1.7 MB · Views: 103
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones