1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support howto remove g.doubleclick.net

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Tunshill, May 9, 2016.

1. Tunshill

Tunshill Lurker
    None

May 9, 2016
    Male
    My nexus 7 has suddenly started to open Chrome whilst I am reading my newspaper without any input at all from me. It always opens https://www.pubads.g.doubleclick.net etc etc and it has got a bit annoying. I can find lots of suggestions for stopping this on a windows machine but can not find any solution that fits with my Nexus 7 which is running an up to date version of Marshmallow. Can anyone offer me a way to either remove whatever is causing this problem or alternatively to block chrome from visiting this site. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Android Expert
    None

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    Retired and loving it.
    Oklahoma grasslands
    Tunshill likes this.
  3. Tunshill

Tunshill Lurker
    None

May 9, 2016
    Male
    Thanks, I will give it a try. I have disabled chrome and installed ghostery.

4. Tunshill

Tunshill Lurker
    None

May 9, 2016
    Male
    Here we go again, reading the paper, ghostery opened up with pubads.g.double click.net not available. So that was an unsuccessful try. I will try Adblock browser.

AZgl1500 likes this.
  5. Tunshill

Tunshill Lurker
    None

May 9, 2016
    Male
    Problem solved. I tried everything I could think of including resetting the nexus and starting again with a new google account so as not to have any chance of contamination coming back from settings that had been backed up. When I got the same problem again as soon as I had completed the reset I knew it was nothing I could do anything about. The problem always starts with reading the Telegraph newspaper using their app so I emailed their digital services and quickly received a reply back that they were aware of the problem affecting a number of clients and that they were working to a solution that would appear in the next release of their software.
    Thank you for your help it was most appreciated

AZgl1500 likes this.