• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[HOWTO] Tether natively

Upvote 0
Used the method to tether using the verizon Hot Spot app on the phone wirelessly to my laptop and it works perfectly. When I close the Hotspot down and go to attach to my home network it shows the Signal from the Hotspot still active. How do I close it down? I disconnected from it and connected to my home network. Can anybody help?? Thanks 1943

Upvote 0
I am able to dial ##778 and a window pops up showing view mode and edit mode. When I select Edit, it asks for a password.
Any thoughts on what the password could be?

Never mind..I'm an idiot!!!

Ok, I just got updated to 2.3 and need to reset the tethering settings. I am now getting asked for a password... and I am an idiot and have no clue what password this might be...

Can I get a little help?

Nevermind.. I found it... the password is 000000

btw - the 2.3 update did not overwrite the settings.

Upvote 0
i have a thunderbolt, i work from home and need minimal internet usage while i work ... im a newb - and need some help - would this still work ?

moral diclaimer :
id like to test it free, if things work well and i can cancel my internet, and home phone we'll see how i feel then about their pricing vs the amount of usage ... please help ... if it wasnt for this job, we wouldnt have a home computer ...

i see similiar questions - but no confirmation, cmon man - someone tell me if it good ?

Upvote 0
As Android Forum policy has changed to disallow actions that violate terms of service, this thread, old and venerated as it is, is now obsolete as it violates aforementioned terms.

Steven plays taps as he closes this thread.

Steven asked that I re-open and bump this thread in light of the site's new policy on discussions about tethering:

http://androidforums.com/site-updates-announcements/490815-change-our-tethering-policy-our-approach-some-other-content.html#post3864270

Cheers!

Upvote 0
This method from what I see only works with the Inc and not any other phone

Pretty much. I know this exploit is blocked on the 4G phones. Not to mention that this method is piracy and theft of service. Your providing falsefied data to fraudalantly gain access a service package Verizon charges money for. Using barnacle or wireless tether for root is a legal grey area, this method isn't.

Upvote 0
Pretty. I know this exploit is blocked on the 4G phones. Not to mention that this method is piracy and theft of service. Your providing falsefied data to fraudalantly gain access a service package Verizon charges money for. Using barnacle or wireless tether for root is a legal grey area, this method isn't.

100% agree

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones