• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HP Buys Palm for $1.2B

I'm wondering what strategy HP will take addressing Palm's marketing issues.

I'm saying "marketing issues" not because I know that to be the problem, but only because it seems that way to me as we watch Blackberry, Android and iPhone dominate the smart phone market.

HP does quite a bit of marketing for their computers. I'd expect to see the same from Palm after HP gets in there and works their magic.

Upvote 0
I hope Palm will do away with any proprietary charging slots and should just use the USB charging slot like most phones. My Palm Treo, though served me for such a long time, now is a pain to charge, it will occasionally stop charging, and I had to wiggle the cable every now and then just to charge it again.

The Palm Pre Plus has the standard USB charging slot. What I hated about it was that you actually had to slide the screen up to even be able to open it. The first time I tried to charge it, I couldn't figure out how to open the cover. hehe

Upvote 0
Hmm.. palm..

palm_tree_2.jpg

cher.jpg

no.. I'm fine with my portfolio.

Upvote 0
The Palm Pre Plus has the standard USB charging slot. What I hated about it was that you actually had to slide the screen up to even be able to open it. The first time I tried to charge it, I couldn't figure out how to open the cover. hehe

That's good to hear! Perhaps I'll have another Palm smartphone if HP and Palm come out with a winner in a few years.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones