• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HP Stream Notebook Laptop

HP Stream is a pretty low-cost lightweight device. Intel Atom mobile processor, which was originally designed for tablets and smart-phones. It already is SSD, 32GB onboard storage, like many Android devices. I don't think the 2GB RAM can be upgraded either. However you can use a micro-SD, which works as Drive D: for Windows.
In fact the hardware is more akin with a Chromebook AFAIK, is just that it's got Windows 10 on it rather than ChromeOS. The name "Stream" to me sounds like that's a reference to streaming and web applications and online cloud computing.

So I think the way to keep it running nicely, is don't go too app happy with it, just install what you actually need and use. Uninstall any bloat and cruft that you don't need. Microsoft does Autoruns, which you can optimize how it runs and clean-up what it starts up with.
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx

BTW perhaps this thread would be better in Computers & IT, rather than Android Questions?

Last edited:
Reactions: AMOCO
Upvote 0
Cloning your hard drive to a Solid State Drive (SSD) will significantly increase speed and performance. My laptop now boots from power off to desktop in about 23 seconds. Max out the RAM, as AMOCO said.

I looked it up and HP says it has an SSD in it and its only a 32gb..Unless I read wrong.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones