• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hp zeen froyo update.

T-Keith

Android Enthusiast
May 1, 2010
Got a notification on my zeen this morning for a froyo beta app. I installed the app but haven't tried it yet. I'm looking forward to the update, hoping that it will improve some of the lag, and add a few features. But I am a little worried that some features may be removed. Anyone want to give it a try?

I have to say I was wondering if an update would ever happen and I'm glad that hp is updating it.

Ran the update, it needs to be docked and you need a yahoo account. All my Apps were maintained and side loading is still allowed.

Other than a single reboot, it seems to work great. Everything is smooth, the browser is better and even the hp Launcher works better. Strangely though some froyo improvements are missing, like moving Apps to the sd card.

If anyone has this printer or is thinking about getting one, I would recommend the update.

Upvote 0
I have also updated to the 2.2 beta.

Can you check on thing for me please.

If I go into 'Settings', 'Tools' "Update Product" and run the check for updates, I either get an error, saying something to the effect, "cannot connect to update server, please check internet settings", or it just hangs.

Can you check and see if yours works please.

Cheers

David

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones