• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC 1. Drops 60% of calls after 30 sec 2. GPS no longer works 3. I'net doesn't work

:AJ:

Lurker
Jun 3, 2011
Phone: HTC Desire
Network: T Mobile
Rooted: No
SIM Lock: Unlocked
Android Version: 2.2

Hello everyone, I was wondering if somebody could help. I am in my 50s, so technology isn't very easy for me, but I try my best! :eek:

About a month ago, the following problems began:

1. When you switch on the GPS to use the navigation, the phone simply shows "WAITING FOR LOCATION" endlessly.

2. Quite often I would be a half a minute into a phone call and the phone would simply cut off. Definitey not a reception issue, I know that for sure.

3. I now find that my phone doesn't connect to the internet via my carrier, T Mobile.

I am lost and not sure what to do, if it is a software issue or a hardware fault.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thank you.

:)

EDIT: I downloaded a useful application called GPS Test from here:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.chartcross.gpstest

With GPS 'on', my HTC can 'see' 3 satellites, but 0 are in use, so once again, the GPS isn't working.

The internet issues has fixed itself though, I guess that's less problem to worry about, but I really would like to fix the GPS issues and I rely on it to get around.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones