1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HTC 1 saying no SIM Card

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Android Question

My HTC One Sprint phone just started saying no SIM Card 2 days ago and because of that will not connect to 4G, I don't have connection to 3G either. If I'm not connected to WiFi I can not use my phone like for GPS. I took out the card for a few min, inserted it, no change. Under settings if I'm not connected to WiFi my Mobile Data says disconnected too. Can anyone help?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

You have either a bad SIM card, a bad SIM card socket, a bad connection between the SIM card socket and the board it's soldered to, a bad board, or your account is improperly provisioned (or, VERY rarely, your carrier lost all data in that area). That's about as far as we can go with the information you provided, so unless you can troubleshoot the problem further, your best bet (unless you can borrow someone else's SIM card on the same carrier to try in your phone, or someone else's phone on the same carrier to try your SIM card in [and they'd have to use the same size card]) would be to bring the phone into one of your carrier's stores and see if they can tell you what's wrong.

scary alien likes this.
  3. tommo47

tommo47 On Yer Bike, In Yer Chair
    VIP Member

Hi, you haven't said whether you've done a restart or not. I had exactly the same problem about a week ago. After 5 months of use and completely out of the blue my One did the same. I didn't disturb the SIM card but went straight for a reboot and it came up no problem.

It's worth trying if you haven't done already.

Good luck.

:)