• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC 10 downloaded images

I am trying to figure out where images I downloaded go to.

Using a web browser (say Firefox) on the phone if I search for images and found a few and used the option "Save image" to save an image.

Once saved, if I launch the "Photos" app and look at my albums I see two albums "Camera" and "Download". The Camera album contains pictures taken with the camera, and the Download album I assume contains images I downloaded I presume.

If I email myself a picture as an attachment and "Save" the attachment, that image will show up under the Download album.

However, I do not see images "saved" from my browser. I have to go to the "Downloads" tool then I see a list of saved pictures. It seems those pictures were downloaded as "documents" and not necessarily classified as images although they were displayed as images in the download manager.

So is there a way to move or classify these downloaded images as images? There seems to be a disconnect here.

All files downloaded on my HTC 10 appear in the 'Download' folder and also in the 'Files' app which can be placed on any Homescreen. This includes downloads using Chrome and Firefox browsers.

Any image files will also appear in the 'Download' album in 'Photos', provided that they have standard image file extensions such as JPG or JPEG.

To copy or move files, including image files, I use the stock HTC File Manager. I have always found that it does everything I need so have never used third party file managers.

Have you checked the file extensions on those files not showing in your Download album?

Screenshot_20180327-140937.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
All files downloaded on my HTC 10 appear in the 'Download' folder and also in the 'Files' app which can be placed on any Homescreen. This includes downloads using Chrome and Firefox browsers.

Any image files will also appear in the 'Download' album in 'Photos', provided that they have standard image file extensions such as JPG or JPEG.

To copy or move files, including image files, I use the stock HTC File Manager. I have always found that it does everything I need so have never used third party file managers.

Have you checked the file extensions on those files not showing in your Download album?

View attachment 130398

I have the same issue. I download a picture from a website and the only place I can see it (I double checked it is a .jpg) is Files > Download in the HTC 10. I go to the actual download folder in the internal storage and I can see the same non-picture files listed in Files > Download but no images, and I've even selected the option to display hidden files.

If I select all the pictures I downloaded and move them to any other folder... then I can see them just fine in Photos and everywhere.

There is something wrong here, but I can't figure out what yet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones