• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Htc 10 pokemon go

Deadtouch

Lurker
Jul 16, 2016
Has anyone had any experience with Pokemon go causing their phone to overheat? I have the HTC One m9 and I can't play Pokemon go outside for more than about 10 minutes in 95 degree weather without my phone overheating. Does the 10 suffer from the same problems as the m9?

Yeah I get that, it's just that my cousin and I were walking around for about an hour on Pokemon go, his iPhone 6s never overheated while my m9 hit 122f in the first 5-10 minutes. I just wanted to know if Snapdragon 820 has the same overheating issue as the Snapdragon 810. If so, I might have to switch over to the dark side and get an iPhone

Upvote 0
Yeah I get that, it's just that my cousin and I were walking around for about an hour on Pokemon go, his iPhone 6s never overheated while my m9 hit 122f in the first 5-10 minutes. I just wanted to know if Snapdragon 820 has the same overheating issue as the Snapdragon 810. If so, I might have to switch over to the dark side and get an iPhone

No, the 820 is vastly improved as far efficiency and heat.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones