• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories HTC 2150 Battery Question

stkorn97

Jul 17, 2010
IL
I searched through all the threads about this battery and didnt find an answer to what Im seeing with my phone right now. I just got the 2150 battery and put it in the phone and then let it charge with the phone off. After almost 10 hours it remained with a orange light saying its charging. I took it off the charger and turned it on and it said it was a full charge cause the light was green when plugging in the charger when its on. But if I turn the phone off again it says its charging again with an orange light. Ive yet to see a green light appear after ALOT of time on the charger with the phone off. Does anyone have a similar issue or have seen this before? battery issue maybe?

My previous 2 batteries always gave a green light so I dont think its phone related. Thanks in advance for any help

i had it on and let it charge til the green light came on. After that i turned it off and let it charge for another 8 or so hours, when i woke up the led wasnt on at all now. I turned the phone back on and it showed the battery was down to around 94% already. Im starting to think its a battery issue.

Upvote 0
I noticed the 2150 charges pretty slow, especially the first couple charges. After your last comment though sounds like something is fishy. don't power off or try to do anything fancy just leave it on the charger over night with the phone on and see what happens....

since posting, i left my old battery in the phone, which was a seidio 1750, with the phone off and charging. it did the same thing, stayed orange no matter what happened. if the phone is on it works as it should, goes green without issue. looks like its phone related somehow, but only when its off. guess i gotta deal with it really. i rarely shut it down to charge, only decided to do this with the new battery. dont think its worth looking into swapping a phone and losing my amoled screen (possibly) aside from that, the phone works perfectly.

just to clarify, it used to show green when the phone was off before i swapped to the 2150 battery the other day. so this is just recently i wasnt getting the green led when charging the phone off. it had no issues before.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones