• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HTC 612 S-off'd and rooted --FINE--Don't need help now

Sacred

Nov 30, 2010
Hello everyone,

Sunshine finally supported my HTC 612, so of course I purchased it early this morning, and S-off worked beautifully. I got home after work today and installed king root. It actually succeeded! I was extremely happy. However in the directions for kingo it says not to use the phone until it reboots itself. But for the past twenty minutes all it shows is the blue screen with the white lock, and says "root succeeded" I'm not sure if I should reboot it myself, or just sit here until something happens. I'm worried I'm going to mess it up. Anyone have any thoughts or similar issues? Should I just balls up and power it down/up? Please let me konw if anyone could! Thank you a ton in advance

--Edit--
I just checked app drawer and SuperSu is installed and wants to be updated, I'll wait until it reboots to update it, but I'm still unsure if Im going to screw myself if I reboot it manually since it's suppose to do it on its own when finished, again thank you in advance for any help/ideas!

--Edit.2--
Rebooted Manually, and it didn't brick, yay.

Last edited:
Reactions: funkylogik

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones