1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HTC Album / People and Facebook images

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jsp_1983, Jan 6, 2010.

1. jsp_1983

jsp_1983 Well-Known Member

I'm finding that the Albums and People apps don't make every Facebook contact's images available to view, displaying the message "The user has no albums to display". I can see their photos when I'm using FB in a web browser, though.

Any ideas what the problem is and how it can be fixed?

2. Borg

Borg Newbie

I have the same issue.

I called Verizon, they referred me to HTC. HTC blames it on Facebook. I would not mind so much if my own albums were viewable. But when trying to view my own albums I get "The user has no albums to display". I know I have albums, I can view them from Facebook Touch or the full site. I have even gone to the extent of opening all my albums for everyone to view, and the sense albums app still cant see them. I would love to find a solution to this, I think it is a Facebook setting though. My buddy with a Hero can not see my albums either through his albums app.

Borg

3. Jseven

Jseven Newbie

This all has to do with user to user privacy settings. I know the feeling. I believe it has to do with the setting under application dependancies on your Facebook account.

4. albe

albe Lurker

I had the same problem. It certainly worked few days ago. There was also problem to link my contact card with my facebook profile. And this function perfectly worked as well. I don't know what happend, but it seems to be a general problem.

Solution:

1. Settings > Applicatons > Manage applicatons > Running > Facebook..Clear data, then Force stop

2. Settings > Applicatons > Manage applicatons > Running > Facebook for HTC Sense..Clear data, then Force stop

3. Settings > Accounts and Sync..remove both facebook accounts

4. Restart your phone

5. Run app. Facebook, sign in

6. Run people > Online directories > Facebook..Sign in

It should work.

stormie927 likes this.

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews