1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General HTC Amaze vs Samsung Hercules

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by vikingjunior, Sep 23, 2011.

1. vikingjunior

vikingjunior Well-Known Member

May 7, 2010
    So it seems these are the two next big devices. I for one is leaning towards the Amaze for it's smaller form factor and higher resolution.

Advertisement

2. nateap87

nateap87 Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 21, 2011
    California
    to tell you the truth, the fact that the hercules doesn't have the xynos really turns me off. along with an unnecesarilly large 4.53 inch screen. also, there's just something about the amaze's form factor that really bothers me. i love the dedicated recording button but it's a very thick phone. However, the download speeds are a a very welcomed addition.

3. Tauro-FC

Tauro-FC Newbie
    None

Oct 6, 2011
    WOW! i can't believe how empty this board is, for what is quite possibly THE best phone of this year come october 12 (or 10 if you're really impatient:D).

I agree with you guys, I'm also favoring the amaze 4g (i like ruby better btw) over tmob-GS2. If it doesn't have exynos is not a GS2 imo, SAMOLED+ is good and all but its still 800x480 and you can only strech it but so far, then it starts looking pixelated like the infuse and sprints GS2. I was really tempted to get the at&t version but that took FOREVER to come out and the waiting just pissed me off, plus t-mobs plans seem more attractive to me:cool:.

The camera on the amaze 4g looks like its going to be better than GS2, i doubt is going to be zero shutter lag but at least is going to be faster than the GS2. I sort of did a shutter speed testing a few weeks ago and got an average speed of 1.8845 seconds for the at&t GS2 (couldn't find any video of t-mobs version to compare) and 0.87 miliseconds for the amaze 4g.

4. xmancool

None

5. Vinter

Vinter Well-Known Member
    None

May 25, 2011
    New Bedford, MA
    Honestly, I read that and was going to get a SGS2 regardless, but after looking at the resolution in person, it was killing it for me... that and the camera software on the Amaze is what sold me.

The only thing with the Amaze is, I'm wondering what kind of dev work is going to be done on it, since a lot just got the Sensation not to long ago.

6. bangup22

bangup22 Lurker
    None

Oct 15, 2011
    Engadget review says Hercules.

7. peepinmofo

peepinmofo Newbie
    None

Jul 21, 2010
    I will post more at a later time, but I went with the Amaze, and I couldnt be happier. No lag, awesome camera, great display... Battery doesnt suck, screen size is perfect. I think 4.5 would be too big for my liking.

Like I said, more later, but for me, the Amaze is close to perfect (for me).

Previous phones were G2X most recently (sucked), and Vibrant (also sucked). In fact, the Vibrant is one of the reasons I chose not to go with Samsung again.

8. Jimbo droid

Jimbo droid Member
    None

Sep 21, 2011
    Well to be honest I had the HTC sensation and it was great but got the Samsung hercules and it's even better. Now I did try the amaze and can tell you it's good but not as good as the hercules. To start with the hercules is faster and smoother than the amaze.Why because of the ui which is slower on the HTC. Also I tried the galaxy s 2 sprint version and it wasn't any faster to the naked eye. Now another thing which is nice on the Tmobile galaxy 2 is it uses the adreno 220 gpu which is known to be more compatable with games than the regular galaxy s2 which uses the Mali 400 gpu . 4.5screen is a a plus and super amoled screen is awsome. Also battery life is fricken great as well if ya set it right.

9. sookster54

sookster54 Android Expert
    None

Jul 28, 2010
    I was also looking at both the Amaze 4G and the SII Hercules, sadpanda on lack of Exynos but not sure if that's a big enough factor but I like HTC and the Amaze features seem good enough, however the form factor bugs me a little.

Tags: