• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC are aware of WiFi problems!

Curnsie

May 21, 2010
I have been so frustrated with the Legend and its shockingly poor wifi connectivity that I emailed HTC to see if there was a fix. This is their reply:

Dear Drew, Thank you for contacting HTC Europe. We are aware of the problem and we are working on the problem. If you have any further questions please contact us again. Regards HTC.

I hope this gives some owners hope.

I love the Legend and Android, so I hope a fix is possible. :D

Drew

Please do not tag Nokia in the same mould as HTC. I have had millions of phones over the years, but the Legend is my first HTC. HTC is 100% better in every way, shape and form than any Nokia that I ever had.

The last Nokia I had was an N96 - what a load of plastic crap that was. My son has a N97 mini - urgh!! He hates it.

Upvote 0
I have been so frustrated with the Legend and its shockingly poor wifi connectivity that I emailed HTC to see if there was a fix. This is their reply:

Dear Drew, Thank you for contacting HTC Europe. We are aware of the problem and we are working on the problem. If you have any further questions please contact us again. Regards HTC.

I hope this gives some owners hope.

I love the Legend and Android, so I hope a fix is possible. :D

Drew

Hi - I changed my home router wifi channel to channel 11 (it was on 3) and this has worked for me. Hope this helps (at least when you are at home)

Welcome to Greenlight - Greenlight, LiveTheBusiness.com - UK & Jersey (CI)

Upvote 0
When I had my Legend I remember there was some problems too. It's a while since so I can't realy remember what I changed bacause during time I did some changes bacause of my Wii also. After that (and still now) it works nice. So here are my router's settings:

Unhidden SSID
Channel 1
b/g/n mixed mode (channel mode 20 (not 20/40))

Because of this I can't of course max out the n-mode. But until now that has never been a problem. Maybe it will when I some day am going to use DLNA with HD content.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones