• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HTC Aria 2.2 Root!

aria777

Lurker
Jun 25, 2011
1) Set up ADB by following the instructional video at YouTube - ‪ANDROID SDK Tools (How-To Install)‬‏

2) Gain S-Off by following the instructions at Gain S-Off On HTC Desire, Aria and Wildfire

3) Format your SD Card

4) Download Goldcard Helper from the Android Market onto your phone

5) Enter the Reverse CID at Free HTC goldcard generator | RevSkills and follow the instructions to generate a goldcard

6) Save the Goldcard image to your Desktop

7) Go to How To downgrade HTC Hero ROM

1) Set up ADB by following the instructional video at YouTube - ‪ANDROID SDK Tools (How-To Install)‬‏

2) Gain S-Off by following the instructions at Gain S-Off On HTC Desire, Aria and Wildfire

3) Format your SD Card

4) Download Goldcard Helper from the Android Market onto your phone

5) Enter the Reverse CID at Free HTC goldcard generator | RevSkills and follow the instructions to generate a goldcard

6) Save the Goldcard image to your Desktop

7) Go to How To downgrade HTC Hero ROM

Upvote 0
This is my first time rooting. I successfully did the things on the video and gained S-off. Then I was trying to move on to the steps in the link "After AlpharevX" etc... and got up to step 6 (going into cmd prompt and getting as far as astboot flash recovery <recovery.img>

Now what? Clockworkmod is still not running and I still cannot root.

Help?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones