• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Battery (initial start)

desire21

Lurker
Dec 8, 2010
Thanks for the advice on how long it takes to charge up fully. BUT

I just got my Desire yesterday, put it on charge before turning on, it wouldnt charge with the HTC charger supplied but would with my BB charger, then turned itself on. therefore I dont think batt was actually full.

Ive let it run down, so it turned itself off and now on charge untouched - have i now rendered the battery never to be 100% again due to not fully initially charging ie always run out sooner than should or will I be ok?

Help please!

Thank you - fater reading more, I'm realising Ive got a smart phone therefore I'll be having to charge it every night anyway and that if I just want a phone - I should go back to a basic 4 day lasting nokia!!

Depends. Plenty of people have gotten their phones into 2-3 days with correct settings (mostly rooted with Roms or Kernels)

I can get about a full day's use out of mine with a charge at night.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones