• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Battery Widget w/extended VZW battery

boilator

Apr 25, 2010
All,

I've had the extended battery since Monday and I've noticed that the battery percentage on the HTC battery widget doesn't change (drop) when the phone is in use. Only when I reboot the phone will it change and show the proper percentage. The stock battery does not behave this way and functions properly. HTC says its a defective battery. Anyone else seeing this issue? When plugged in and charging the percentage increments upwards like its supposed too.

Lator

I don't recall having that issue with my extended battery, though I stopped using HTC's battery widget, because it seemed hard to see unless you were looking at it up close. I ended up switching to a battery widget from the Beautiful Widgets pack.

The first time I got the battery, though, I did notice that it'd stick on 100% for a few hours, and then suddenly I'd wake it up and 5-10% would be gone. It doesn't do that anymore, though, it goes down a more normal rate, now.

Reactions: boilator
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones