• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HTC beats by Dre bundle (from freshly announced Sensation XE)

MongolStomp

Android Enthusiast
Jan 3, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Someone over at XDA just put up a .zip with the beats wallpaper, beats boot animation, & the new improved HTC music app all from the Senstation XE coming out. I know this was posted in the Sensation forums but was wondering if we think we could get any of these things to work on a rooted TB running sense 3.0? (besides the wallpaper obv). I tried to install the .apk's provided in the zip and then fixed permissions via Rom manager but it still didn't work ( just kept getting FC's). I did reboot as well. anyone wanna give her a go maybe?

Also I have no idea how to change the boot animation (running Bamf forever 1.0.5) I know there's directions provided but nothing I can really figure out haha.

if this is a lost cause because it was taken from a senstation and not a TB just let me know! thanks.

oops here's the link : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1262735

resolution is different... considerably better on the sensation. :)

Someday I hope there is an Android phone available that makes no compromises...best screen, all metal body, best gorilla glass, big battery, top of the line processor, big memory, latest LTE chipset, top of the line GPU, etc. etc., even if it costs $600 or more on contract. There is always a chink in the the armor.

Upvote 0
Someday I hope there is an Android phone available that makes no compromises...best screen, all metal body, best gorilla glass, big battery, top of the line processor, big memory, latest LTE chipset, top of the line GPU, etc. etc., even if it costs $600 or more on contract. There is always a chink in the the armor.

And 6 months after release people will be complaining that it isn't top of the line, welcome to the tech world.

Reactions: lgldrgdlr
Upvote 0
Don't you need the beats headphones for the tweaks to work? As I said before, I don't think I am going to take money I could spend on my family and give it to this guy.

Someone in the thread this bundle was posted in said they could hear a difference and they did not have beats headphones. And hey, for us youngsters who love tech and are avid music listeners a beats-HTC collab is pretty sweet. Did you see the XE?? easily sexiest phone to date.

Upvote 0
Someone in the thread this bundle was posted in said they could hear a difference and they did not have beats headphones. And hey, for us youngsters who love tech and are avid music listeners a beats-HTC collab is pretty sweet. Did you see the XE?? easily sexiest phone to date.

Its not the tech, its the branding. I'd just as soon not send any of my money to certain people. You think Dr. Dre does anything for free?

Sorry for the soapbox, but it just sucks that a decent company like HTC would stoop to partner with such a person.

Upvote 0
Personally, I really, really, want a pair of wired earbuds that will allow me to the following with an android (more specifically, my Thunderbolt) device: ff/rev on songs, volume control, pause, and mic capabilities. If that's what HTC is going to be able to do with the software and the Beats earbuds, I'll cough up the money in a heartbeat. I don't care who makes it at this point since it's not about the product, but the functionality.

I'm hoping that there's a clever dev out there who can incorporate the software though and port it to older devices, because I'd like to keep the Tbolt for a while....

Upvote 0
Personally, I really, really, want a pair of wired earbuds that will allow me to the following with an android (more specifically, my Thunderbolt) device: ff/rev on songs, volume control, pause, and mic capabilities. If that's what HTC is going to be able to do with the software and the Beats earbuds, I'll cough up the money in a heartbeat. I don't care who makes it at this point since it's not about the product, but the functionality.

I'm hoping that there's a clever dev out there who can incorporate the software though and port it to older devices, because I'd like to keep the Tbolt for a while....

I know the play/pause and skip were available with spare parts on froyo (not sure about GB). Even if it starts out as hardware specific there will be knockoffs that work just fine as well.

Upvote 0
How much can you really do with this crappy speaker though?

I think a quality set of headphones will make a MUCH more dramatic difference than a glorified EQ.

FWIW I have a set of thinksound headphones and can't recommend them highly enough. You really don't know how good music can sound till you hear it through a quality set. If you want to spend a little more, klipsch is tough to beat.

Upvote 0
How much can you really do with this crappy speaker though?

I think a quality set of headphones will make a MUCH more dramatic difference than a glorified EQ.

FWIW I have a set of thinksound headphones and can't recommend them highly enough. You really don't know how good music can sound till you hear it through a quality set. If you want to spend a little more, klipsch is tough to beat.

are either of these bluetooth? i dont listen to music often enuff to need the top of the line in sound quality,but i would like a set that sounds good and i dont have to plug in :cool:

the vigor i think is gonna be close :) on paper it will be hard to top it. makes me mad the snesation and a couple other devices are getting the beats thing first. not that i care much about it,but id like to be the first for some kind of technology on vzw someday :p

seems vzw is a day late and dollar short more often than not ;)

Upvote 0
are either of these bluetooth? i dont listen to music often enuff to need the top of the line in sound quality,but i would like a set that sounds good and i dont have to plug in :cool:

the vigor i think is gonna be close :) on paper it will be hard to top it. makes me mad the snesation and a couple other devices are getting the beats thing first. not that i care much about it,but id like to be the first for some kind of technology on vzw someday :p

seems vzw is a day late and dollar short more often than not ;)

LTE. Thunderbolt was first. Matters more than pretty much everything else put together. The raison d'

Upvote 0

No neither are BT. I've never really used Bluetooth except when I'm working out and I just have some cheap ones a buddy gave me.

Cnet has some pretty decent reviews, and I'm not sure if thinksound makes BT headphones, if they do I'm sure they're quality.

All wood body, different size ear pieces and the sound is really pretty amazing compared to the cheap radio shack style headphones.

All that being said, mp3 format isn't exactly the best for playback quality so no matter what you get you'll lose some quality.

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones