• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Bravo pictured more lucidly

Engadget added this to the bottom of that page...

Update: If you were wondering about the difference between the Bravo and the recently leaked Passion, there is none other than the branding apparently. We're also hearing that the above handset will be available in the US in January, a cool three months ahead of the expected European release.

That would be freaking awesome... where are they getting this info?

Upvote 0
I really hope AT&T gets this phone. To clarify, I really hope it's not an exclusive to any carrier. I really think this phone could be the true competitor for the iphone in terms of style and ease of use. Sense, android 2.0, and that hardware would be awesome.

Plus, I'm stuck with AT&T where I am, and I'm sick and tired of not having android phones.

Realistically, I'm not sure why everyone says it's coming to Verizon. There was the htcpassion.com webpage that was obviously fake. Beyond that, most of the rumors of VZ have been from a few salespeople at VZ that were probably just repeating rumors that they heard from other sites. We have yet to get a realistic tip about VZ getting this phone.

I know that there was a rumor that AT&T was getting a hero in January, but I'm hoping that it will actually be this phone, and that it will release on multiple carriers.

Upvote 0
Engadget added this to the bottom of that page...

Update: If you were wondering about the difference between the Bravo and the recently leaked Passion, there is none other than the branding apparently. We're also hearing that the above handset will be available in the US in January, a cool three months ahead of the expected European release.

That would be freaking awesome... where are they getting this info?

My new theory. This phone is supposed to be the Flagship right?

T-Mo = Passion
Sprint = PassionC
Over Seas = Bravo
Verizon = Dragon

I hope, I hope, I hope

Upvote 0
My new theory. This phone is supposed to be the Flagship right?

T-Mo = Passion
Sprint = PassionC
Over Seas = Bravo
Verizon = Dragon

I hope, I hope, I hope

Miles, thinking you may be on to something here. Considering this is supposed to be the HTC flagship that would make sense. Also, not saying this is the google phone. No way. So, with google rumored to be making an advertising push in Jan, seems they may really just be hyping the Android OS and not some fabled phone...

All kind of ties together:
Multiple carrier rumors.
Multiple device name rumors of similar if not same device.
Google making push to assert Android in 2010 with rumored Jan ad campaign coinciding with a flagship android device release.
Finally, something that hasnt really been mentioned about the name;
Desire? Passion? Hmmm very similar... Desire became Eris on verizon. Passion could become Dragon. Just a random thought.

Upvote 0
I also forgot to mention in that list of things that ties this all together that the time frame couldnt fit any better. Verizon raised their ETF and mid-late January release fits nicely into that (for them). Also with the BOGO offer on the Eris it seems theyre trying to dump their inventory fast while appealing to the holiday shoppers and reaping some nice rewards. As for the other Carriers maybe someone else has some insight on this puzzle. I havent been reading up too much on that aspect as I am stuck with Big Red so thats where my concern lies.

Upvote 0
HTC Passion/Dragon/Bravo will likely be coming out in January to T-Mobile. Verizon will have to wait until April as they mate the CDMA technology to the phone.

Please stop posting false information. The Bravo is coming to T-mobile UK in April, per the product brochure that was leaked, and January to the US, but we have no carrier information yet.

Upvote 0
Please stop posting false information. The Bravo is coming to T-mobile UK in April, per the product brochure that was leaked, and January to the US, but we have no carrier information yet.

Yes but i have read hints that it will come to t-mobile us in january lately.
Tmonews.com posted that they got info a google phone from code name "project passion" would realease within the first 2 weeks of january.
Soon after digitimes.com posted a simular report which gives credability to tmobile.

Google Phone To T-Mobile? | TmoNews - Unofficial T-Mobile Blog - News, Videos, Articles and more

Nothing official though... all rumors

Upvote 0
Yes but i have read hints that it will come to t-mobile us in january lately.
Tmonews.com posted that they got info a google phone from code name "project passion" would realease within the first 2 weeks of january.
Soon after digitimes.com posted a simular report which gives credability to tmobile.

Google Phone To T-Mobile? | TmoNews - Unofficial T-Mobile Blog - News, Videos, Articles and more

Nothing official though... all rumors

Yes, nothing official. My issue is that things are being stated as facts which only further confuses anyone trying to decipher if the passion/passionc/bravo/dragon are the same phone and when and where they are coming.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones