• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC BRAVO PVT1 SHIP S-ON Stuck!!!!

Just to understand the state of the phone:

* What were you doing when this first happened?

* Have you changed anything on the phone lately?

* Are you rooted? If so, have you made any system modifications recently (even theming or removing bloatware are system mods)?

* Most important: have you had any other problems, e.g. app crashes or reboots? Especially have you have any problems when the phone is actively used for extended periods? "Yes" to these questions could indicate overheating.

The first thing I'd try is pulling the battery out. Leave it out for a while, let everything cool down. Then see whether it will boot after that.

If you've had any of the symptoms which might indicate overheating, try cooling it further (e.g. sit on an ice pack, with a tea-towel under it, or put it in the freezer for 10 minutes, inside a sealed plastic bag with the air squeezed out, to protect from condensation). It might boot after that, but if it's that bad it might not stay on for very long.

If you've not got a heating problem, your best chance might be a factory reset, which you can select from the hboot menu (I think it might be "clear storage" - remove the sd card first, though I think that will be safe). Or you can do it from recovery: select recovery from the hboot menu, you get (if unrooted) a screen with a triangle on it. From there press volume up + power, and you get a menu, which has options wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache. I doubt wipe cache will fix it, but you lose nothing by trying. Otherwise the factory reset if your best bet, though you do lose all apps/contacts/SMS that you've not backed-up.

If none of that works there's always the RUU (the same one you used to upgrade to 2.3), which you can run with the phone in fastboot mode. This will also wipe the phone. However, if there's a hardware problem (e.g. overheating) this could fail part way through and make things worse, so I'd keep this in reserve until there's nothing else to try.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones