1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

HTC contantly says SD card safe for removal, but wont mount or format

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by salviablue, Aug 19, 2011.

1. salviablue

salviablue Lurker
    None

Feb 7, 2011
    Hi, I had an 1GB SD card in another device, working perfectly, and after getting a higher capacity card, wanted to give the 1gig card to my daughter for her samsung 3300k phone. After removing it from the previous device (whilst it was switched off, no option for a "safe reomval/unmount"), and inserting it into the phone, the phone wont read it, qand upon trying to format it it just says "error".
    Inserting the card into my HTC to try and format it that way, my HTC just constantly says "SD card safe to remove".
    I cant format it, it goes through the motions, but wont mount the card. when selecting mount card it just says sd ard safe for removal again, ad infinitum.
    after pluggin and unplugging into the omputer a few times, at no time being able to selet "onnet as hard disk", it comes up with "sd card damaged, you may need to reformat it", or something of the ilk.

I have no other device to try it in and i have no adaptors to plug it into my computer diretly with.

\I dont understand howe the ard an go from working perfetly in one devie, then getting removed whilst that devie was swithed off, inserted into my daughters phone (whiolst that was also swithed off) and then being "damaged", but further more my HTC not being able to do anything with it other than preparing it for safe removal......

Any ideas?

I do apologise, but the "c" and "s" keys rarely ever work and its far too frustrating to have to onstantly go bak and insert them where they are missing,

Advertisement

2. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?
    None

Nov 29, 2009
    Android App Developer
    NY
    Welcome to AF!

Unfortunately those old "feature" phones are often incompatible with anything but the manufacturer's own accesories. :(

It's hard to say what the problem would be here but you could try asking your question here:

Android Accessories - Android Forums