1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HTC Desire 500 recovery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by paul_e88, Feb 8, 2016.

1. paul_e88

paul_e88 Lurker

Hi,

I've ran into a pretty big problem with a HTC Desire 500.
    After a couple of small problems and bugs, i've tried a factory reset, the phone worked for a couple of hours, but then it froze. Now it will only start in fastboot mode.

I don't really know what to do from here - if i press recovery, i get the green HTC logo and nothing happens, even after 15 minutes.

The phone is from Vodafone, so i guess it's locked. Is there any way to fix the phone or is it bricked?
    I've lost all hope, i've been trying for days but nothing seems to bring it to life.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. James L

James L Android Expert

3. paul_e88

paul_e88 Lurker

No, i can't unlock the bootloader, it's still locked. I got the code to unlock by mail from htcdev, but when i do the command in cmd on the computer, the image with unlock appears on the phone, but nothing happens when selecting "Yes". If i select "No", the phone restarts.

I'll check the link you provided, thanks.

4. paul_e88

paul_e88 Lurker

So i downloaded the ROM for 1.34.401.1 and for hBoot 1.03, because those are the versions shown on the screen in bootloader.
    But i guess i have to unlock the bootloader for everything to work, right?
    The fourth step in the link provided is " Flash CWM recovery for your hBoot". From what i see, to do that, i have to unlock the bootloader, so i'm back to square one. Any ideas?

Thanks.

5. James L

James L Android Expert

When you select yes using the volume keys, unplug the phone then press power. See if that helps.

6. paul_e88

paul_e88 Lurker

I've just tried it, it doesn't work. I still can't press "Yes".

Other ideas?
    Thanks.

7. James L

James L Android Expert

When you get to HTC dev what device are you selecting in the list?

8. paul_e88

paul_e88 Lurker

'All other supported models' i think it's called. It's the last option from the list, because the Desire 500 isn't listed.

9. James L

James L Android Expert

10. paul_e88

paul_e88 Lurker

I've tried loading the downloaded .zip from your link through fastboot, but i get multiple errors.

After two attempts, these are the results:
    Also, i've attached the fastboot getvar all.

From what i found on other threads, the emmc may be faulty. So, hardware problem..

Attached Files:

11. James L

James L Android Expert

That's what it looks like. Well i tried. If it's under warranty return it. If not well there are tons of newer devices that look nice.

paul_e88 likes this.
  12. paul_e88

paul_e88 Lurker

Unfortunately, the screen got a crack when trying to remove the back cover to get to the battery.
    So the warranty was refused - that's why i was trying to fix it. It seems that nothing can be done.

Anyway, thanks for your help - at least i know that i've tried everything.

HTC Desire 500 Forum

The HTC Desire 500 release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Play processor, and 1800mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews