1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HTC desire 610 uses 4G network but not 3G.

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by HTC desire 610 3G Problem, Jan 25, 2016.

1. HTC desire 610 3G Problem

Hi guys.
    My friend has HTC desire 610. It works just fine on 4G (LTE) but when there is no 4G cover zone it should be using 3G right? It doesnt.
    Can anyone help?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AMOCO

AMOCO The Computer Guy
    VIP Member

Yes it should use 3g when no 4g LTE is available.The only thing I can think of to do is a factory reset and see if that fixes it.
    I got my wife one of those phones over a year ago,But sold it not to long ago.
    You also might check over at XDA for more info on this phone.

3. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

The first thing I'd do is go into the "mobile data" settings and toggling the "network mode" between the options, and see whether that fixes it.

If that doesn't help then it might be worth trying the following: open the phone dialer and type *#*#4636#*#*. Unless the carrier has messed with the software and removed the shortcut this should open a hidden menu called "Testing". Select "Phone info" and scroll down until you see "Set preferred network type". What does that say? I'd expect "GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto" (assuming you don't have a CDMA handset, as used by some US networks such as Sprint or Verizon), but there is an "LTE only" option which would result in what you see (though you shouldn't be able to select that through the normal menu). If it says that then change to "GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto" and you should be OK. Do not change any other setting in this menu.

If you bought the phone as an import from another country then it might be worth checking the exact model number, just in case it's a frequency compatibility issue. Similarly if the phone was originally sold on a different type of network it may be worth checking compatibility or letting us know - not an issue in most of the world, but in the US there are GSM and CDMA networks which use a common technology for LTE but not for 3G, so I could imagine compatibility problems might be possible in this case.