• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Desire 626s APN locked to HTC instead of provider?

ChrisTheChic

Lurker
Jun 28, 2016
Hey all!

I have an HTC Desire 626s, which calls and texts work fine on but my mobile data will not work. The phone will say it has data connectivity but will not connect. When I go to the mobile data settings, it's set to automatic, and the APN option, to go in to edit the settings is locked. The provider in the info section is set to HTC with no way to get in to edit it. Is that the problem? My carrier is boostmobile. Also, the boostzone/sprintzone app will not work at all either, even when connected to wifi. This is a brand new phone and I've gone through activation multiple times to see if that would solve the problem. Activation goes through ith no problem but the data still will not work. I called both my carrier and HTC support and they said it was a problem with the antenna, which I don't believe is the case. I had downloaded 'Fix 3g 4g connection free' and sometimes it would work and other times it would not. If it was an antenna problem then I shouldnt have had connection at all, even with an app that could *sometimes* get in to fix the apn settings, right? Can someone help me?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones