1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HTC Desire 650 won't turn on after battery replacement.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Pink88, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Pink88

Pink88 Lurker

I have a HTC Desire 650 and after leaving the phone on the charger constantly the battery has now swollen. I bought a new battery on Aliexpress and put it in but the phone does not turn on. I put the old battery back in and the phone works. I then put the new battery in and the phone still won't turn on. Is the Aliexpress battery no good or am I doing something wrong. The old battery is 35H00257-03M, the new battery 35H00257-01M which is a bit different. Does it matter the old battery is 03M and the new battery is 01M. If you can please help that would be great.

Advertisement

2. Best Answer:
    Post #8 by Pink88, Dec 31, 2019 (1 points)
  3. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

I'd like to say, Im not familiar with your device but in my option it is either one of three possibilities. The new battery is defective, the battery is incompatible with your device or both. My suggestion is return it for a refund and choose another battery specifically made for you device. Perhaps, even another brand.

#2 MrJavi, Dec 31, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    mikedt and ocnbrze like this.
  4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

100% agree

mikedt and MrJavi like this.
  5. mikedt

mikedt 你好

If you have a multimeter/VOM handy, check the voltage of the batteries. Charged should be around 3.6V. and that should at least prove if the battery from Aliexpress is actually holding a charge or not. Could even be it's a fake filled with sawdust, especially when buying cheapo online.

#4 mikedt, Dec 31, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    puppykickr, MrJavi and ocnbrze like this.
  6. Pink88

Pink88 Lurker

Thank you all. I have tested the new battery it has charge to 3.9 volt, but when I try to turn on the phone the voltage drops down to about 2 volts. Dropping the voltage this much might mean the battery is probably not compatible or faulty. Not sure.

MrJavi likes this.
  7. mikedt

mikedt 你好

It shouldn't drop to 2V, the phone won't power on with that. It's aalmost cartain the battery is a duff. Good luck returning it to China for a refund.

ocnbrze and MrJavi like this.
  8. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

That would be my assessment as well. Also your advice on the use of a multimeter to test the battery, I found to be a great suggestion as well as very helpful. :)

ocnbrze likes this.
  9. Pink88

Pink88 Lurker

Thank you are all very wonderful and helpful. I will return the battery and get a proper one. Thank you all again.

ocnbrze and MrJavi like this.
  10. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

Good luck and Happy new year

ocnbrze likes this.