1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General htc desire 700 randome crash

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nika7586, May 2, 2016.

1. nika7586

nika7586 Lurker
    None

May 2, 2016
    Male
    hello i have htc desire 700 and its crashes randomly while using it does anobody knows how to fix it. thanks

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    This section is actually for discussion of the original HTC Desire (from 2010). However, we don't have a dedicated section for the Desire 700, so I guess it's either here or in a more general part of the forum.

Anyway, I'm afraid that isn't a lot of information to go on. If it crashes when used heavily (after an extended period gaming, or downloading/using GPS with the screen on high) it could be overheating, but it could also be a software problem, or a bad connection somewhere. So if you can tell us exactly what happens when it crashes (current app crashes, whole phone shuts down, or locks up, or restarts, or...) and whether it takes particularly heavy loading or whether it crashes with light use, anything like that might give a clue as to the cause.

But we might not be able to identify the problem; in fact I think that's quite likely. So we'll be left with generic things to try. If it's a rogue app behind it then a factory reset will fix it (as would uninstalling the app, but you'd need to know which app). If it's a problem with the system software then you'd need to reflash it (if we could find an RUU package for this phone, which I'm not so confident of). If it's hardware then nothing you can do will help it.

3. nika7586

nika7586 Lurker
    None

May 2, 2016
    Male
    Its crashs when i am in browser on when phone is lock . Phone shutdown and i have already tried factory reset. Its crashed when i used long time but i started it again it crashed in 20 minuts

4. nika7586

nika7586 Lurker
    None

May 2, 2016
    Male
    I think problem is overheating becouse phone is hot when its crashes

5. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    Are you browsing using WiFi or mobile data (the latter uses more power), and I see that you've just answered my question about whether it gets hot.

The phone shouldn't overheat to the point where it shuts down, as they are supposed to throttle the cpu before then to reduce heat production. Shutting down is a last resort to protect the device. You are not charging it at the same time you are using it are you? Charging also generates heat, so heavy use while charging is more likely to cause a problem.

But if it's just normal browsing while not plugged in and it's getting that hot that it shuts down that is probably a hardware fault.

Just a thought though: the Desire 700 has a removable battery. It's probably not a battery fault, but that is something that can be replaced easily so may be worth a try. Does the battery level misbehave (e.g. is suddenly much lower after the crash than it was before), because that could indicate a battery problem. But in any case, it's worth pulling the battery out and making sure it looks OK: if there is any sign of the battery swelling then you do have a serious battery fault and should replace the batery immediately.

6. nika7586

nika7586 Lurker
    None

May 2, 2016
    Male
    I am using wifi and i am using phone while charging and i will look at the batter

7. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    Try using the phone without charging - that will certainly reduce the heat load, in which case it might prevent the crashes.

It should be able to cope with WiFi browsing while charging just fine, but I personally prefer not to do this just because excess heat is bad for batteries (and most phones don't have removable batteries these days, so I prefer not to take chances).

8. nika7586

nika7586 Lurker
    None

May 2, 2016
    Male
    I will do that thanks for help

9. nika7586

nika7586 Lurker
    None

May 2, 2016
    Male
    Ok this days was phone ok didnt crash but today it crashed 4 time and should i change battery because when it crashed was 25 % charged and when i started up it was 30 % first time was lower

Tags: