• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Desire 816 Won't Turn On & Won't Charge

Drepy

Lurker
Aug 29, 2012
- My device won't charge (the cable/adapter that came with the phone and third-party cables).
- It doesn't show the LED light when plugged in.
- It won't power on.
- It isn't rooted.
- It is out of warranty.
- Repair costs between $100- $160+ (don't want to send it in for repair again).

I was using my phone normally, just messaging friends. In the middle of texting, the phone froze and after a few minutes, it blacked out. I tried the power and volume buttons method but it didn't boot.
I went to plug it in to charge and noticed the led light not coming on, as well as the charging screen with the battery not showing.
The phone was not hot.
I took it off the charger for an hour and decided to charge it again and left it overnight for about 10 hours.
It still did not power on.

The cables are fine because they work with other devices.
The first time I sent the phone in for repair (had to pay because out of warranty), it worked fine for about a year and now it has happened again.

I thought it just needed a battery replacement, so I bought a new battery to try it out, but it still won't charge. (I do know how to disassemble/reassemble phones. I didn't do this before sending the phone for repair though.)

I'm not sure what to do anymore. It's still in good condition and worked like brand new, just won't charge/power on.

There's only two options, send in for repair again or toss it.
Unless there's something I should take a look at or know about.

Any suggestions are welcomed.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones