1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support HTC Desire 820, NO OS, Help me out here

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by HTC Desire 820 NO OS, May 30, 2016.

1. HTC Desire 820 NO OS

None
    Hi all, I bricked my phone.

I recently bought a new HTC Desire 820 Single sim, the first one. I decided to Root it. It worked GREAT. However, when I restarted my phone, it logged back into Recovery mode, because I forgot to set it to system, or whatever. Anyway, I panicked. This is the first phone I ever rooted. So I thought " okay, I messed something up, let's just go ahead and reset this girl altogether ". Did a master reset, a complete wipe of everything. I no longer have an OS installed.

I used TWRP 2.8 to root. I later on tryed 2.8.5, 3.0, and it doesn't go into Recovery, just waits there, emotionless, like my ex-girlfriend. I downloaded the ROM Stock file for my phone, 4.4.4, and it didn't work. I tried installing it from Recovery mode, but it tells me " MD5 file missing " and some other stuff like that. I tried sideloading it from ADB Sideload, but as soon as I swipe the ADB sideload, my Computer registers it as disconnected. As I press back, the computer recognizes it as connected. I tried installing other drivers, for my phone, hoping that would help, it did not. I managed to install SuperUS in Recovery, the zip file I mean, but it still tells me " no OS ", and " device doesn't seem to be rooted ". Of course, I didn't make a recovery file, because, " that's not what real men do ".

I feel like taking the phone back to the store, even though my warranty is void, hoping that they're worse noobs than me and can't wait to give me a new one.

What can I say, stupidity is expencive. Can someone help me out ?

Advertisement

2. valentinovitez

None

May 30, 2016
    So, this is my account, just using this message to identify my self.

3. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

May 15, 2015
    Male
    Electrician
    Satsuma,Alabama