• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Desire android deleted phones contacts

mickmack

Lurker
Jun 10, 2011
Gday I have come to the place that my HTC desire is becoming undesirable. I sometimes find that it kind of freezes or goes into a massive lag, I have app killer which helps but when all else fails i switch it off and if that even fails to get it to function I just drop the battery to get it back in order. anyways today I took the battery out and when I turned it back on the contacts were gone. But the trouble is that when I came back to sync it with the PC it is not taking the contacts back. What to do ??? maybe it off to the factory for my not so smart phone ? anyone ever had a desire behave like this ?

Michael

Get rid off any auto app killer for a start, you'll find lots of info here and the,general web about them causing more harm than good. I'd download system panel from the market. I can't remember if its free, but will show you which apps are hogging all the resources. I while ago I found handcent u doing this. A delete and reinstall cured it (along with a wary eye just in case !)
As regards the contacts problem you may need a factory reset.

Upvote 0
If you have a gmail account, just put your contacts there. They are automatically backed up online and can be re-synced anytime.

plus i would like to add to this , if when you are in contacts click on one of your contacts click groups and select started in android
i lost a few contacts that did not sync across , but since i have been doing this not a single one lost

Attachments

• test.JPG
    test.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 41
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones