1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support HTC Desire android deleted phones contacts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mickmack, Jun 10, 2011.

1. mickmack

mickmack Lurker
    None

Jun 10, 2011
    Gday I have come to the place that my HTC desire is becoming undesirable. I sometimes find that it kind of freezes or goes into a massive lag, I have app killer which helps but when all else fails i switch it off and if that even fails to get it to function I just drop the battery to get it back in order. anyways today I took the battery out and when I turned it back on the contacts were gone. But the trouble is that when I came back to sync it with the PC it is not taking the contacts back. What to do ??? maybe it off to the factory for my not so smart phone ? anyone ever had a desire behave like this ?

Michael

Advertisement

2. robinta

robinta Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 23, 2010
    Get rid off any auto app killer for a start, you'll find lots of info here and the,general web about them causing more harm than good. I'd download system panel from the market. I can't remember if its free, but will show you which apps are hogging all the resources. I while ago I found handcent u doing this. A delete and reinstall cured it (along with a wary eye just in case !)
    As regards the contacts problem you may need a factory reset.

3. spile

spile Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 18, 2010
    In terms of backing up your contacts, I can recommend using MyPhoneExplorer to do this. A free app that offers other useful tools.

4. amlothi

amlothi Android Expert
    None

Jul 23, 2010
    If you have a gmail account, just put your contacts there. They are automatically backed up online and can be re-synced anytime.

5. papa j

papa j Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 22, 2010
    Male
    not sure will ask boss monday
    here and there some times in the midle but most of
    plus i would like to add to this , if when you are in contacts click on one of your contacts click groups and select started in android
    i lost a few contacts that did not sync across , but since i have been doing this not a single one lost

Attached Files:

Tags: