• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Desire battery life. Power Savers.

I've had my desire for about 6 weeks. I think battery performance has become very poor.
in standby with screen off it lasts about 15 hours. that's by not using it at all and with 3g + wifi in power saving mode and mail + weather check every 3 hours.
if I actually use there phone for surf and chat on msn, it'll last 2-3 hours.
I really hope someone has an idea what to do. I see lots of people say they can use it for days on a charge with normal use.

Upvote 0
I've had my desire for about 6 weeks. I think battery performance has become very poor.
in standby with screen off it lasts about 15 hours. that's by not using it at all and with 3g + wifi in power saving mode and mail + weather check every 3 hours.
if I actually use there phone for surf and chat on msn, it'll last 2-3 hours.
I really hope someone has an idea what to do. I see lots of people say they can use it for days on a charge with normal use.

You should be able to get longer battery life than 15hrs in standby.
What do you mean with power saving mode? Try turning 3g or wifi on only when youre going to use it, then disabling it again when youre not using it (theres widgets that toggle these things). And try dimming the screen brightness and disabling live wallpapers. Perhaps try refreshing weather or mail only when youre actually looking at em. Thats what i do. No need to see the weather update if youre not even looking at the weather thing, right?

Currently my battery is at 75% after 16hrs of mostly standby. That means id get about 50hrs standby time (not using the phone at all) before getting a warning for low battery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones