• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Desire Calls go to Voicemail & are not in call history

jake333

Lurker
Feb 11, 2016
Hi,

I have an HTC Desire 816, 5.0.2 on Virgin Mobile.

At random times, I will check my phone & there is a voicemail. However there is no corresponding call in my call history. For example yesterday I checked & my GF had left a voicemail. Yet according to the call history there was no call received from her at that time. Plus I was 12 inches from my phone when she called yet phone never rang, no notification that I had missed a call or had a new voicemail.

This has happened a number of times so I have checked the simple stuff like ringer volume, notifications turned on (w/volume too), restarted the phone daily. It happens approximately 10% of the time with seemingly no rhyme or reason. I'd appreciate any help or suggestions.

Thank you,
Jake

Reactions: Curtis1973
The visual voicemail app is crap for one. And two virgin mobile for whatever reason lets calls slip right off in to the ether as if they never occurred. The caller gets the ring on their end as if your phone is ringing...but you do not...then the caller gets kicked to voicemail. You remain unaware of any call until voicemail notifies you. It happens to me a lot on their service. At times I never even get the voicemail that was left by caller until I manually check voicemail by dialing my own number separate from the voicemail app. Sometimes I miss important calls not knowing they ever occurred even if voicemail is left until I check it myself which might be days or weeks a part. It's the,service. Not the device.

Reactions: jake333
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones