1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HTC Desire came with defective headphone jack

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 350Rocket, Feb 9, 2011.

1. 350Rocket

350Rocket Well-Known Member

I just got my girlfriend a new HTC Desire for her birthday, her first smartphone ever, she had a 4 year old LG dumbphone that looked like it had been through a war.

Anyways she loves the new phone but after spending a few hours getting everything set up, full body shield skin on it, loaded a bunch of music on it, we found out it doesn't recognize a headphone plug in the jack, so it continues to play from the speaker. Kind of a hassle, since we now have to take it back, but whatever.

I just thought I would mention it to monitor any possible trends in quality control.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. 350Rocket

While on the topic, i suppose without root there is no real way to backup all the settings, apps, contacts etc?

3. kuobob

kuobob Member

It it just the htc headphone or any headphone?

4. LECTER

LECTER Android Expert

This!

The ones that come with the phone are garbage anyways.

5. kewlbuddy

kewlbuddy Android Enthusiast

first time it didnt recognize for me too and after power off and on, it did :D

6. 350Rocket

Its all headphones. I didn't think, i will have to try a power down battery pull and restart. Hopefully its that simple. I had to do that when i stopped receiving texts on my shine plus a couple weeks after i got it. 5 months later and it hasn't reoccured. Ill check it when i go there tonight.

7. 350Rocket

The reboot fixed it. Now it seems to work fine. Thanks for the tip.

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews